Mail delivery and address of residence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My husband and I are new to full timing. We are parked for probably 6 months to a year in one location. However, we have been asked not to officially change our address of residence to this location. In other words, the land owner would like our mail to go to a PO Box of some kind. This is proving to be quite the challenge for us! Even the private PO box companies are asking for a drivers license with address of residence in this town as well as a utility bill with our name on it, neither of which we have.

Wondering if I should just have all my mail come to general delivery? Do I have to officially submit a change of address with the post office in order to get my mail general delivery? Or if have someone mail something general delivery to my town will it just be there waiting even though my address of residence is at a relatives house in another town. Also wondering how reliable general delivery is.

From what I've heard, it's not legal to leave your residence at a relatives house if you're not there but lots of RVers do it and no one seems to get in trouble for it. Is this true?

I'm just really confused and discouraged about the whole situation and trying to figure out how to make it work! Thanks for any help/info you can offer!

You need to establish a domicile. That means you need a permanent address. There are many ways of obtaining this. Here is an article from the library that might help you:

http://www.rvforum.net/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=435:fulltimeprep&catid=29&Itemid=132

First, look in our forum library and read the various articles in the full timing section.  There are several that address the subject of selecting a domicile, which you will have to do.  The Escapees are a support organization for the full timers and can assist you in establishing a domicile in Texas, if that is what you choose.  But do select a state for your domicile, then get a mailing address in that state, register your vehicles and get your driver licenses there as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom