New models

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mahippa

Hello,
I had my purchase pretty well figured out (a 2014 View) and just saw that the 2015 model is now out.  I contacted a dealer and he said the 2014 and 2015 models "will be the same and have some changes..." but he couldn't or wouldn't tell me what those are.

I pointed out that the 2015 is already listed for sale on his site, and asked if he's saying that the 2015s coming out later this year will be different from the 2015s available now-- he answered yes.

Is this how RV sales typically work?  Do basic specs change throughout the year?  This is new territory to me... How do I know when it's the right time to buy?

(Thanks much for the previous input on suspension.)

I have limited experience in such things, but after a conversation with a manufacturer's representative at a RV Show the specs on a motor home can change at any time, and often do.

Manufacturers always come out with "new".  That is the hook they have to pull people in to trade that perfectly good unit away at a ridiculously low price and buy that brand new one.

Yes, they make changes as the year progresses. I have compared my very early '03 with an "identical" late '03. The most noticeable thing is some lights and roof vents are in different locations!

The right time to buy is when you find the one you really like at the price you love ...then buy it and stop looking at the others!  ;)

mickey53usa said:
Agree with Paul on this -

Yup!

New models are first showcased at the annual Kentucky (I think that's the state) dealer RV industry show and then typically they are on display at the Winnebago Grand National Rally third week of July.  They will make changes mid-year on models, sometimes I think it's an engineering change or maybe a production change - they found a better way to put it together on the assembly line.  I also think they react to supplier problems and change vendors.

The early View/Navion/Via/Reyo 2014 models were the same as the 2013 but with the new colors. The later 2014s had a few minor additions: LED lights on awning, 2 door fridge, 220 amp alternator on engine and one more I cannot think of right now. Basically the same, so I would expect a few minor changes in the LATER 2015s.

Back
Top Bottom