Brag Board - Children and Grandchildren

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can this thread include Nephews?
My nephew is an up and coming 26 year old professional musician. (Trumpet player).
Here he is last weekend smoking cigars and drinking beer at the Eau Claire 52nd Street Jazz Festival with the legendary Doc Severinsen until the wee hours of the morning.
Oh my gosh...the Doc still has the pipes. What incredible performances - by both of them. Even after all he's accomplished, the Doc is quite down to earth and sincerely interested in the young talent coming up the ranks.
My bragging on this kid has reached insufferable proportions. I'm quite proud....... LOL

Attachments

• IMG_2163.jpg
    IMG_2163.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 25
Proud parents of 4 grown children; 2 boys, 2 girls.  We have 11 grandchildren ranging in age from our 21 year old grandson (who still comes to visit every weekend), to our 4 year old triplets (2 boys, 1 girl) that we also get to see every weekend.  Life is good. The other 7 grandchildren live in a different state so visits are not as often.

We are going to University of Florida this weekend to watch our oldest granddaughter graduate with a degree in pre-medicine.

BinaryBob said:
My nephew is an up and coming 26 year old professional musician. (Trumpet player).
My bragging on this kid has reached insufferable proportions. I'm quite proud....... LOL
  Uncles are entitled to bragging rights too!

My son Dave and his wife Stephanie. Bob and his son Mike. Bob's grandkids Matteo and Mikayla, and his daughter in law Sarah, along with our furbaby Hank.

Im very proud of Dave. Hes grown up to be the man I always hoped he would be. Mike is also a great guy. They are both really caring compassionate people and so are the women they married. Could not be more happy with them.

Attachments

• stephaniendavid.jpg
    stephaniendavid.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 12
  • mikenbob.jpg
    mikenbob.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 20141228_222455.jpg
    20141228_222455.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 12
oh, and I cant forget my adorable grandcorgis,,, Walter and Maggie

Attachments

• walter.jpg
    walter.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 8
  • maggie.jpg
    maggie.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 7
Two grandkids, girl 7, boy 5. They love to go camping with Grammy and Grampy. We've taken them to Disney in Florida, to a wedding in TX and 6 Flags in Maryland.  And several weekend jaunts to State Parks around Delaware. All in our tiny Winnebago Winnie Drop.

My wife came with four granddaughters, a fifth has since arrived. There better not be any greats yet, the oldest is fifteen. ;D

Not a grandkid, but my niece's oldest son just signed to play football at Tennessee Tech. He is on a full ride after Graduating HS with a GPA of 4.2.

BinaryBob said:
Here he is last weekend smoking cigars and drinking beer at the Eau Claire 52nd Street Jazz Festival with the legendary Doc Severinsen until the wee hours of the morning.
Oh my gosh...the Doc still has the pipes. What incredible performances - by both of them. Even after all he's accomplished, the Doc is quite down to earth and sincerely interested in the young talent coming up the ranks.

Wow! That's way cool! I'm proud for you!  ;)

We have absolutely no one, zilch, nada in our family who can read a single musical note.  The family now has our 13 year old grand daughter who discovered her love of music two years ago.   

She was 11 when she started playing the clarinet, then moved on to the base clarinet, and then to bassoon while she was teaching herself piano and taking voice lessons.  She decided she wanted to play percussion in the marching band and the only percussion instrument available was a base drum and even though she is only 5' 2" and less than 100 pounds she was game to learn it.

If that wasn't enough she also took up acting.  She recently had parts in the Lion King and Legally Blonde.  I've lost track of the number of music concerts she's played in.  To top off everything she is an honor roll student.

She is an overachiever like her Mom was.  Tonight she asked me if she could come camping with us to kick back and relax.  We are thrilled and I am especially looking forward to spending time with her because we both love horseback riding.

She is only one of our nine grand kids.  We are blessed to have lots to brag about.

We just spent the weekend baking cookies with the grandkids.  A lot of work but we loved every minute.  Out of the nine grandkids only one is a boy who is 10 years old.  The sweetie said that they were lucky to have a Nana who likes to bake.  I explained to him that it isn't about baking it is about spending time with our grandkids.

Oh my. Id forgotten about this thread. My new grandson is now almost 3 months old. Cant wait for it to thaw out in Minnesota so I can go back and see him...

Attachments

• carsontickle2.jpg
    carsontickle2.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 9
My grand daughter, whom I mentioned before on this thread as graduating from University of Florida with a Premed degree, has been accepted and is going to be starting Medical School for a DO degree at Campbell University in North Carolina this fall.

She and her boyfriend are also getting married, so they can both be together while she is in school and the rest of their lives.

My other grand daughter is graduating from High School around Memorial Day and will be entering Nursing School this fall. She was accepted at all of the schools where she applied. Last thing I heard, she will be going to Ball State this fall.

Lots of traveling in our motorhome. We will be leaving the house in Melbourne, Florida and going to Fort Wayne for the graduation and then back to Orlando for the wedding all in about one month. Tired just thinking about it!

judway said:
My grand daughter, whom I mentioned before on this thread as graduating from University of Florida with a Premed degree, has been accepted and is going to be starting Medical School for a DO degree at Campbell University in North Carolina this fall.

She went to a great school for her undergrad. I was 50 when I graduated from UF. Speaking of grandkids, our 9 year old granddaughter is fluent in Mandarin Chinese. She has been taking it in school for four years.

My medical student grand daughter is also pretty fluent Mandarin Chinese. She hasn't studied the language but hears a lot of Chinese when she is around her mother. Her mother is Chinese from from Beijing, China. Her mother also has a lot of Chinese friends talks with them a lot in their native language. My son knows a few key words but is not much else.

Thanks for resurrecting this thread.  I'd forgotten about it.  Nice to read great things about grandkids of all ages.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom