Changing air dryer filter on Meridian 36G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wagonmaster2

I'm getting ready to change the air dryer filter on my 2004 Meridian 36G with the Haldex Purest filter but since the slip joint line wouldn't come loose I'm going to have to do the change under the coach.  I've read some owners have left one mounting bolt still attached and just rotated the dryer around to where the 4 bolts holding the filter on can be reached.

But I've noticed it looks like that angle iron brace running between the two rear leveler mounting brackes will stop that from happening.  That brace is attached at each end with two bolts so I was wondering about leaving one bolt attached and dropping the end under the dryer so it will be out of the way.

Does anyone know the consequences of removing this brace from the leveler brackets, especially since the heads of the attachment bolts are covered with a piece of red tape.  Kind of like someone is saying "Don't remove these bolts".

I figured a person should raise the coach with the levelers, put stands under the frame maybe just in front of the rear tires, then release the levelers so there would be no pressure on them when that brace is disconnected.

Has anyone ever done this?

Or would Winnebago be the only ones to answer this question?  But several years ago when I asked them how they would replace the nylon bushing on my slide-out rooms they asked one of the techs and I never did get a final answer.

Guess I'd better not try removing that angle iron brace between the two levelers if no one else has ever done it.  Probably that red tape on the bolt heads was put there for a reason.

Back
Top Bottom