"Outdoor" entertainment systems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, if I'm being quiet, in my Ninja outfit, with night vision goggles, and not bothering anyone...please knock on my door and complain about the silence. I'll crank sp the volume:)

This thread has sure turned into quite the topic. I seriously doubt you will find many people blasting there sterros or tvs at night that it would be disturbing other folks, if so then you most likely are in the wrong CG. Most CG quiet hours start at 10pm. But still I think most people would find that most or majority of people turn the volume way down well before 10pm.

Everyone has there own way of enjoying the outdoors I would not critize anyone for which they may fancy. I for one could care less about listening to an owl hoot but do respect the people who do and I think it should go visa versa. Now don't get me wrong I do enjoy our furry and feather friends and have respect for their homes I just don't go crazy over them and if I was camping to be one with the critters I would most likely be in a more remote type camping then a large CG with all kinds of planned activities.  I have never been in a CG where noise has been an issue. Oops let me take that back....... Yes one night at a very nice fancy CG a couple got into a huge fight and I mean huge and it was in the wee hours of the night and woke up everyone in ear shout. Yes, the police did come and took care of the situation.

All I am saying everyone enjoys the outdoors in there own way and I think if everyone respects each other in which ever fancies their own taste for the enjoyment of the outdoors then we all get along respectfully in harmony.

Now boats on the water is a whole nother story. Sounds do carry much further on water then land the main reason is because the volume needs to be that much greater so shipmates can hear over engines. I am a boater the only time we are loud is during the Christmas Boat Parades. But this is a RV Forum not a boating fourm so no need to go into this topic.

Colleen

Tom,

I do not take your comments wrong. I appreciate and respect all you have to say as always.

Colleen

Wendy

Great words! Kindness Counts and Kindness goes a long way. Even if someone is being rude being kind somehow does something.

Colleen

I still remember a neighbor who lived across a ravine from us in the eighties who liked to play his stereo on his patio. @*$^&%^#*#(*!

Unfortunately he was a customer so I never got to tell him how little I enjoyed his noise. ??? ???

colleenfl said:
I do not take your comments wrong.

Thanks Colleen. Just wanted to make sure because I do get misunderstood, especially if I add my sense of humor. It's got me into trouble more times than I care to remember.

colleenfl said:
But this is a RV Forum not a boating fourm so no need to go into this topic.

Collen, FYI we do have an on-the-water message board which also discusses, among other things, RV parks at/near boating opportunities. We trailered a boat behind a motorhome for many years and it was the reason we first got into RVing. For us, boating, RVing and fishing were inseparable and some combinations of that are still true.

colleenfl said:
All I am saying everyone enjoys the outdoors in there own way and I think if everyone respects each other in which ever fancies their own taste for the enjoyment of the outdoors then we all get along respectfully in harmony.

I agree 100%, except for the part that requires me to tolerate loud music from someone else's  RV  ;D

i think we should set up our RVs and then go inside and be quite because if we do anything ,you will find someone who doesn't like what someone else is doing. it is good that we have more tolerance of them than they have for other people

slumbert55 said:
.... if we do anything ,you will find someone who doesn't like what someone else is doing.

That seems to be an overreaction to what's been said here.

Tom said:
I agree 100%, except for the part that requires me to tolerate loud music from someone else's  RV  ;D

Tom:

Me too! ??? ???

I think a lot of it depends on your point of view, use of your coach and the type of places and people you are around.? For me, an outside entertainment system is a MUST.? I use my Coach for tailgating at local sporting events where everybody has their TVs out and on watching other games before the big one.? its a big social party and every body is out having fun, cooking out and I enjoy going around talking to everybody and looking at their setups.? I am installing a 40 inch LCD in my outside bay under my awning as we speak.  We are not at a park where people are "living"  We are all there mainly for the same reason.?
? ? ?My second use is for my race weekends.? we turn on Speed vision on the Sat. and or put up our own videos from our races and watch them.? Its fun to watch video from each others cars as lots of action happens and allows for hours of bench racing and camaraderie.? The outside unit is one of my favorite things about having my coach.? Now a RV park with mostly full timers living there as their primary residence or people just wanting to keep to them selves is a totally differend enviroment, I can see how that would be annoying and or when I am camping in Colorado enjoying nature, the outside TV is used very little if at all.? Its all about what you are doing and the context of the activity.

Just be courteous and everybody will be happy.

Jeff

Gasser Jeff:

I am a fulltimer and your Kountry Star is always welcome to pull up next to my Kountry Star and sound off!  ;D 

Seriously, my Admiral (wife) and I often sit outside in the sun at our home park in Arizona and listen to music or watch a show while reading a book and sipping some cold refreshment.  One of the joys of Arizona living.

Are you coming to the QZ rally?

Well, hang out a warning flag so I don't park near you ;D Turn down the volume and listen to nature...might surprise you ;) Probably the worse noise I have encountered was during the Laughlin River run. We were parked in a lot absorbing motorcycle noise when a "Rock Star" truck parked in the lot and cranked up the amps with rap music playing. Luckily they were checking their amps before going down the hill. I asked the fellow how long they would be there and he said just a few minutes. There were about 6 RV folks ready to leave. Pretty bad when the vibes create ripples in the beer glass :D

Woody:

The sounds of nature would not surprise me at all.  That is because I listen to nature about 75% of the time and media about 20% and The Admiral about 5% of the time.  ;D  If I wanted nature 100% I would sell my coach and move to Walden Pond.  :D

Smoky, I'm on the edge of getting a few donkeys and going into the woods :) Biggest problem is power:) If you listen to the other half only 5% you are blessed ;) I listen to my dogs...but they can't talk ::)

LOL Woody.  My dog cannot speak, but he has a listening vocabulary of more than 500 words.  Odd that they can understand English but cannot speak it.  I might try doing that with my Admiral.

Your right Smoky....dogs can understand a lot of words. But how many barks do we understand ;) I've heard that a dogs can understand 300-500 words, depending on their intelligence. Mine are probably at the upper end and it just amazes me what they know. They understand me but when the cry and bark I'm lost as to what they mean. Guess people are the dummies:))

Back
Top Bottom