Make your own ukulele

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Our son's FIL is both a talented musician and a skilled woodworker. When he visited us in California last year, he picked up one of my ukes and, although he'd never played one before, he started doodling on one of my instruments. I suspected that he'd soon buy himself a uke and teach himself to play, which he did.

More recently, he decided to use his woodworking & model building skills to make his own ukulele. The photos, which are posted with permission, speak for themselves.

Attachments

• Make_uke1.jpg
    Make_uke1.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Make_uke2.jpg
    Make_uke2.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Make_uke3.jpg
    Make_uke3.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Make_uke4.jpg
    Make_uke4.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Make_uke5.jpg
    Make_uke5.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Make_uke6.jpg
    Make_uke6.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Make_uke7.jpg
    Make_uke7.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 14
cool with your permission I would like to show these to my dad he has made guitars, autoharps and other music instruments he is not an rv'r so would not be interested in joining the forum

Sure thing; I hope it inspires your Dad to make his own ukulele. FYI if you give him the link to this topic, he can view it without joining the forum.

Awesome Tom. Back in the 60s I took up playing violin and viola. After playing awhile I decided I wanted to build my own violin so I went to the library and checked out a book on making a violin. By the time I finished reading the book I realized it would never happen in my lifetime. I am a horrible carpenter and I had no wood working tools. I am always amazed at people who can work with wood.

I sent him the link, I think anyway, I am not a computer nerd. I carve bears for a living.

Back
Top Bottom