EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Making acquaintances on the road  (Read 7110 times)

Tom Hoffman

• ---
Re: Making acquaintances on the road
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2014, 11:02:01 PM »
Just from recent personal experience, 3 Months in Vegas Oct to Jan and 3 Months in Yuma,  Feb - End Of April,  Vegas was quite closed up and somewhat chilly reception, that being said I did meet a few men who were friendly and I went out to eat with them or coffee while my wife was at work.

Yuma on the other hand was a whole different kettle of fish.  Our CG was very active with lots to do and we met several couples we went on day excursions with, went out to eat,  sat around and had a good old bull session.  I have met several couples that have exchanged business cards with,  I made up one for us with our contact info on it and have given a few away and received a few.  My wife corresponds with some of the wives on Facebook.

I just talked to one of the guys who I met in Yuma today,  he is my mentor in getting started in RC Model Sail boating.

I normally just walk up to someone who has something interesting he is doing and talk to him.  People are always willing to tell you about what interests them.
Wife said to me. "What cha doin' today?"  "Nothin'" says I.  "Ya did that yestiday!" Says she.  "I didn't get done!" says I

2003 F-350 Super Duty Lariat Dually 7.3 Diesel
2008 34' Sunny Brook, Brookside

Hosted by Over The Network