How to locate vets on a long trip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fallout Shelter

We have just purchased an RV and this will be the first time the family has went on a vacation in 23 years. We happen to have 5 English Springers, and wanted input from the studio audience as to how we can track a vet on a long trip should the need arise? Is there a directory through some sort of website or?

Use the internet. The first 10 years of my full timing I traveled with a shaded silver Persian named "Little Dude". The later 5 years of that time he was ill, so I never landed anywhere that I wasn't certain I could get to a vet when he needed more help than I could give him.

There are many "locate" apps for smart phones or tablets -- plus just Google the name of the town you plan to stop in and Vet. That's another reason I love a smart phone over a paperweight flip phone. I could quickly while out and about find a Chinese restaurant, or, a Vet for the Dude if needed.

Same for an RVer as well - especially if older or with some kind of potential ER need.

We locate them via the internet, but if near a town you can just ask around at the campground or local stores too.  We've never had any problem finding vet services, even once for an emergency on a Sunday.

Gordon has epilepsy so as soon as we stop for the night, I check the iphone for the closest vet, especially noting if they do emergencies or if they send you off 100 miles to the nearest 24/7 animal ER.

Back
Top Bottom