Flooring Question For Ernie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

berner2

Ernie,

I have been searching the forums gathering information on installing engineered wood on my floor and slide.  I stumbled across a thread about installing wood on slides and using stair nose on the leading edge.  There were pictures as well as some hints and instructions.  I have searched and searched and can't find that thread again.  If it's not too much trouble could you point me in the direction of that post.  I'm in the carpet and linoleum removal stage now. 

Thanks, Terry

Thanks, Tom
since every coach is different, tell us what coach you have and I'll help you out

I have a 2004 Coachmen 37' single slide.  There doesn't appear to be any rollers.  The slide is 13' feet long.

I have seen the thread linked by Tom, thanks Tom, but the one I was referring to explained about attaching the stair nose to the slide.  There was also a mention of sanding or trimming the back of the stair nose and I believe modifying the edge of the slide.  Sorry if this is vague, but, I've seen so many posts that I've lost track of them all. 

Thanks, Terry

You could click on Ernie's name to see his profile, then click Show posts (on the left of the page), and you'll see a list of all the posts Ernie has made on this forum.

If you are using a wood stair nose, usually the manufacturer sprays a urethane all over that piece. Any adhesive will not stick to that unless you sand the back of it off. Don't ask how I know that. Yup- had one pop off. Sanded it and re-installed it.
I use Chem Rex adhesive to attach the stairnose to the slide. Let it sit overnite and it will be rock solid

Ernie and Tom,

Thank you both for your help/suggestions. 

I am in the removal and prep stage as we speak, carpet, linoleum, furniture etc. 

I didn't know about the click on the profile and see all your posts feature, I'm still getting used to his forum.  I always try to do a search before I post a question, this will help.

Thanks, Terry

hello. I'm doing research to see what steps to take to tile my. RV bathroom. its currently has carpet (I have 2 small boys) so I would love to tile the floor. its a very tine bathroom. I'm working with a my question is how do I water proof the floor before I lay the tile? do I seal it with a sealant or lay blue board? cost is a great factor so I would love to go the cheaper route yet get it done properly. reading the forums posted I have come up with a list of essentials. feel free to modify :) another ??? will the floor patch be waterproof?

1)  Adhesive (R&R silicone adhesive)

2)  Grout (R&R silicone grout)

3)  Grout scrubbers

4)  Hard rubber grout float (Regular grout float will not work)

5)  Tile (Adhere to the suggestions below if you purchase your tile elsewhere.)

1)  Caulking gun

2)  Paper towels

3)  Solvent, alcohol or acetone.

4)  Marking pencil

5)  Liquid dish soap

6)  A small container for water

7)  Inexpensive wet saw. I have one that I sell for $69.00 with free shipping.

8)  Safety glasses (For saw use).

DAP? Flexible Floor Patch and Leveler (RTU)

it would be easier to use some sheet vinyl. since your bath is so small, you can make a paper pattern and score around the edges. the new sheet vinyl these days will lay flat and with a little trim, will be better for moisture issues

If you have your heart set on tile, seal the subfloor with any quality shellac, varnish, or water-resistant paint. Personally, though, I would use vinyl in that situation.

While on the subject of flooring how do you do the entry steps ???  Any pictures would be great for Ideas. Vinyl floors is gonna be our fall project . The floor will not be a issue. But making the entry steps look nice would be the the eye catcher
Thank Don

Back
Top Bottom