Help! Coachmen Freedom Express owners- hot water heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JanF

We're camping in our new camper (used) 2009 Freedom Express and we have no hot water. I can't go another day without a hot shower! We're on city water, hot water heater is full of hot water, but we're getting nothing out of the hot water faucet. We checked the only valves we can find, under the kitchen sink and stove, behind screw on panels ( how insane is that!) and found the city water-tank bypass valve and what we think is the winterizing valve, but that's it. In one position we get cold water out of the hot water side, but in the other position nothing comes out from hot waster side.
Can someone who has a Freedom express please tell us how and where their valves are?

All of this after the techs at CW got it supposedly straight yesterday!

Sounds like you might have a stuck check valve on the output line of the water heater.  Typically a little brass thingy about 1" long.

Would that be inside or outside the coach? And how do you unstick it?

I appreciate the help!

JanF said:
Would that be inside or outside the coach? And how do you unstick it?

I appreciate the help!
Inside right up next to the water heater where the hot water pipe exits.  Depending on your camper, it is probably accessible under the kitchen cabinet.  You may have to remove drawers or maybe a screwed on panel.  You might be able to unstick it, but I'd just replace it.  You s/b be able to find one at Lowes or Home Depot or Ace...or take it to a RV service center and have them do it.

That certainly sounds like our problem. I had hoped a good whack might 'fix' it but it sounds like something I'll take to the shop. Thank you very much!

Molaker, the check valve was the answer.  Took him 15 minutes to replace at Open Rd and we are back in business!  Thanks for the help!  Didn't get us hot water on the trip, but relieved a lot of frustration.

Thanks! New problem, new post...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom