2006 Fleetwood Expedition 38N.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leeway

HI all, I'm finally going full time and selling my 28' TT. Looking at a very well taken care of 2006 Fleetwood Expedition 38N. It has the 300 HP cat Allison 6 ST. Only 5400 miles. The question is will that be enough HP to pull decent hills here in the west as well as a possible Toad. The story I get is the 2006 with less HP is before a lot of emission stuff, so about the same as a 330 today. Any comments.
Thanks all

We have the 300 CAT in our MH and have never been unhappy with performance.  Yes, more HP would be nice but the engine does fine with our 38' MH pulling a Jeep Grand Cherokee on long hills here in the west.  We do slow down but we are retired so who's on a hurry!  :)

The motorhome rule of thumb is 100 lbs/hp, so 300 hp should move a 30,000 lb coach well enough. Not performing like your family car by any means, but adequate. [Your car probably has only 20 lbs/hp, or maybe even less.]

We have the same engine in a shorter version of  that motorhome. You will have no problem with being underpowered.  The C7 Cat has many shortcomings but power is not one of them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom