FMCA Rally, Redmond Oregon August 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wendy

Site Team
Anyone else going ? We're signed up and looking forward to visiting with Framily there.

And, anyone have any places in the area that are "must" visits? places to eat?

Wendy

Lots of must sees.  Starting with the headwaters of the Metolious river and Camp Sherman.  Next should be The High Desert Museum, lava rivers caved NM, if you have time, maybe Pine Mountain Observatory east of Bend.

Wendy,

We are in the planning stage to attend. Have not signed up yet. We will likely be with the Beaver security volunteers again. Becky has 2 pages of things to see in Oregon, and we are trying to get a tentative route going. We are thinking about a big loop out and back that will encompass the Seattle area down to Crater Lake to include Olympic NP, the Columbia River at Astoria, and as much of the coast of Oregon as possible. We'd like to visit Glacier, Yellowstone, and the Black Hills while on the loop coming or going. We've done the Black Hills 3 times, YNP twice so they are not as critical as Glacier, and the other two NPs we've never visited.

At this juncture planning on leaving home mid-July for about 90 days or so.

It will be great to see you again! We really liked the Framily get together!

Wendy:
  I think we are going to try to go.  This would be our first FMCA rally.  We just joined FMCA last year.  How do we go about making reservations?  Can you give me some guidance here?  I am looking forward to meeting you.  Somehow I thought you were going to Moab, but I don't think I saw your name on the list?  :'(

Steve

The Brewers are signed up in the electric section.  We did all the arrangements on line.

Like Brewers, we signed up at the FMCA website. We're signed up for the handicapped, non-electric section. The Redmond facility is great. It can get hot in central Oregon during the day but it's almost always delightful at night.

We are signed up for full hookups. Looking forward to the trip and hopefully getting together with framily. We were at Gillette but just never able to get with folks there for a variety of reasons.

Thanks for the pointers.  We are now also registered in the electric section.  Looking forward to our first FMCA rally.

Steve & Dee

Danes have registered for the general [dry camp] area.  Looking forward to going back as we were Oregonians for 31 years - Seaside.  Had a T-shirt that read " Oregonians  do not tan, they rust".

Bill & Raymonda Dane
99 CC  Allure

Jerry and Ardra will be in the electric area.  We also used the FMCA web site to register.  Looks like we'll have another good group and a good excuse for another caravan!

ArdraF

Ken, yes we just signed up.  Glad you mentioned it because we didn't know about it.  We also asked to be put on the campground waitlist but the probability of getting in is not promising.  We signed up for 30-amp.  We haven't been to a Monaco rally for a long time and will really enjoy it.

ArdraF

We are signed up for the electric too.  Can we arrange a place to meet so we can all go in together?  Makes happy hour much easier!!

Ken & Sheila said:
Does anyone know if Redmond has a holding area where we can all meet?

ken

They did last time. It was a farmer's field west of the highway. We were going to spend a night there but they took us on into the fairgrounds.

We are now registered for a 30 amp electric only site. I hope they have honey wagons and somewhere a long hose can reach for water. We are going to be at the Beaver pre-rally and will again be volunteering for security, so likely we will be parked in the volunteeer area.

Hope to see as many Framily as we can. We sure enjoyed it last year in Gillette.

Stan

parttymer said:
Hope to see as many Framily as we can. We sure enjoyed it last year in Gillette.
Stan,
Let us hope the weather will be more conducive to gatherings in afternoons than those storms in Gillette!

We will be looking for information on a holding area where RVForum friends going into electric areas can gather prior to final rally parking so we can be closer together.

Let us hope the weather will be more conducive to gatherings in afternoons than those storms in Gillette!

I second that motion!  ;)

ArdraF

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom