FMCA Rally, Redmond Oregon August 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I checked with FMCA to be sure that we can meet in the holding area. See response below.
We will be arriving from the Monaco rally on the tenth and hope to get the group parked on the first day of parking on 8/11.

"Yes, you can meet up in the holding area. Please be sure to have a regular size notebook paper in the window of each coach and have a name, like Forum, on each and put 1 of 10, 2 of 10, etc.
Please write this in dark marker so our parkers can see it. It is also a good idea to have the same arrival date. 
If you want to give me the date and a list of those who have registered, I will make sure they all have the same arrival date.
I hope this helps.
Mariann Thornberry
Family Motor Coach Assoc.
Events Services Assistant
(800) 543-3622, ext. 267"

We will be parking in a full hookup site on Sunday as we registered way early and are volunteers. Hope we can connect with the group some time, unlike our efforts in Gillette.

I thought the first day was on the 12th.  I have made some other reservations at Crater Lake for the 10th and 11th which means we won't get to Redmond until the 12th.  Does that mean we won't be parked with everyone else?  :'(

Steve

Steve,

I don't know how many of the others will want to go in early with us. But don't worry even if aren't parked with us we will all let each other know where we are parked and arrange Happy Hour somewhere. Others may want to go in later with you - I don't know, but typically we have gone in early to most rallies. Actually some will park in the handicap area and this rally dcmiller will be in full-hookups, so we won't all be together anyway.

ken

Ken

>>We will be arriving from the Monaco rally on the tenth and hope to get the group parked on the first day of parking on 8/11. <<

Betty & I will be there on the 10th...

Steve

The group usually arrives the earliest entry day so we have a couple of days to visit, as it is pretty busy during the rally and we all do our own things.

We are also arriving on the 10th.  Have reservations about 30 miles north of Redmond. 

We're also arriving the 10th.  We're going to the Monaco pre-rally.  The Monaco caravan leader said in an email that FMCA probably will have Bingo on Monday the 11th and perhaps Movie Night on Tuesday the 12th.

Steve, there's an old Monaco saying that if you arrive on time at a Monaco rally you're already late because they usually have events planned for the early arrivals.  The same is true of FMCA.  Also, the earlier you arrive the closer you will be parked to the main venues.

ArdraF

Little communication issue here at Brewers.  We  won't be able to arrive until the 11th.
BB

Got our packet last week and we're scheduled to go in Monday morning, 8/11. We'll be south in La Pine at Mom's for a week or so before that. At least, that's the plan.

Wendy

Our FMCA rally packet also arrived so people should have them now unless you're a will call or having mail forwarded.

ArdraF

We received our general population packet but the leader of our volunteer team says another should be arriving any day now.  We are scheduled to arrive on 8/10.

We got our packet too and we move in on August 12.  It sounds like, from talking with FMCA that all the general electrical might be moving in on the 12th.  Anybody got any suggestions where we could meet to go in together?

Liza, based on what was said earlier, we'll "probably" meet in the FMCA holding area - subject to change.

Here's who I have attending and when they expect to ARRIVE.  Are any other people from the RV Forum attending?  It looks like most of us will be in the electric area.

Brewers, Terry & Betty ? August 11
Dane, Bill (llib enad) & Raymonda -
Downs, Ray & Liza ? August 12
Falchini, Steve & Dee ? August 12
FitzGerald, Jerry & Ardra ? August 10
Kuch, Ken & Sheila ? August 10
Lawrence, Mike & Wendy ? August 11
Miller, Dave (dcmiller) & Sharon ? August 10
Weimert, Frank & Barb -
?, Stan (parttymer) & Becky ? August 10

ArdraF said:
Our FMCA rally packet also arrived

Funny story,  We  resumed our mail delivery to Clark Fork, Id and informed Post office that we are now here and ready for  mail.  Couple of days later we go check our  mailbox for the expected packet.  The  mail box is  gone, missing, vanished!  Post there, mailbox no where in sight!  Who steals a mailbox? 

Turns  out once again the snow plow in winter has managed to throw snow and gravel at the box and it  was damaged beyond repair.  Neighbors arrived earlier than us, tossed ours  and now have theirs  replaced.  That's why our spot looked so lonely on the post.  New one ordered so I'm hoping we can get mail by Thursday!

Back
Top Bottom