FMCA Rally, Redmond Oregon August 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And today, Terry bought  one like Ray's.  I think he called it a bug  buster.  learned even more about using Picassa from the Geeks on Tour.  Had a sandwich for lunch ( ice cream sandwich that is at the  Ice cream social)  See you at  4 pm.  It does look sunny outside.

Betty

Sorry about missing the "framily".  We've had tram duty and we also have been being wooed by the Big Sky FMCA chapter down the street from us.

A beautiful Happy hour tonight. Stan  joined us as  Becky  negotiated with folks to replace her carpet with tile!  Sue and Bruce Purdy  joined us as friends from our FMCA 4 Wheeling group .  Friends of Ray and Liza  joined us as they search for their first  RV being former  live on board boaters.  Jerry  announced free  cocktails and  hor D'Oeurves being provided by Entegra Coach between 5:30 - 7. Ken and Sheila were both out and feeling well tonight.  Ramonda showed up with with  Bill and shared her  jewelry experience today  as did  Betty.  Steve and Dee came and shared the thrills they  are having with their first FMCA rally.  He continues to count years to retirement.  He is getting a new custom made mud flap.  We think it should say LIFE IS A JOURNEY but Dee needs convincing! Frank  purchased 4 new  batteries, ca ching! Henry bought a new step for Barb as he ran over the one she had out by her rig this morning.  Ray continued to provide me with  beer from his designer growlers.

We missed Mike and Wendy and all the rest of you who did not show up.  Life is good.

BB

Great entertainment tonight. Guy who's an RVer and knows us. !! AND sings great 60s folk songs. Life Us Good.

The FMCA Rally has ended and we did not buy a new motorhome or anything related to rvIng. Only thing we did buy was a Denver Broncos Bandanna for Gordon.

Attachments

• BroncoBandana1.jpg
    BroncoBandana1.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 17
  • BroncoBandana2.jpg
    BroncoBandana2.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 18
It was great to see everyone, albeit briefly. Next time, we'll get our security duties so they don't interfere with happy hour! Missed seeing Mike & Wendy. Perhaps another time! We enjoyed the rally, but after a week of conserving water, we are ready to move on! We parked last Sunday afternoon with 100 gallons of fresh, and this morning before showers we had 19. I know lots of you are old pros, but this was a major accomplishment for us!

Safe travels all,

Stan

Another Rally with  great friends.  I learned how to make wire wrap jewelry and purchased new microfiber cloths and new covers for leftovers but Sheila says they will never replace Saran wrap.
I attended my first FMCA Governing Board meeting, so I learned lots about the inner workings of  our organization. I learned lots about Picassa and even joined  their member club to have access to ongoing support in managing my photos.  I learned how to  transfer photos from  my phone and Ipad to the  computer using Dropbox.  My brain needs a rest from so much learning! 

Terry bought lots of stuff and I'm sure he won in the spending department of this rally, though Frank's new  batteries were right up there.  But that is their story to tell.

See ya in Pomona March 2015.

At the last minute, the  FMCA rally and Fairgrounds gave permission to  spend another night on the premises , so we opted to spend another  night here.  Of course they  coiled up all of the electricity but we have a generator!

Terry wanted to watch his regular Sunday races so it was a perfect ending to a perfect week for us.  Many  people  opted to stay.  The sky got  black and pink around  9 pm and we  heard a bit of thunder but saw BIG lightening.  I managed to shop at Michaels and Walgreens before we  head back to Idaho in the morning with a stop at the John Day Dam on the way . Life is good.

So who lost their  camera in our coach during a happy hour.  Please describe and I will mail it or you can come and get it  in Idaho!

BB

Camera mystery solved.  The fellow who updated  Terry's Silver leaf gauge so it read new inverter,  left it here.  He had photos from 2011.

Lesson learned... do not leave any photos on a camera  you may misplace.  Nothing  at all racy but just saying !

WOW!!!  Sounds like everyone had a great time at the FMCA Rally.  Wish we could have been there but enjoyed reading and looking at the pictures.  Thanks for taking the time to post so those of who were not in attendance could at least follow along.

Mike.

The rally continued in Junction City.  We had a great dinner with Ardra and Jerry on Sunday.  We then ran into Marty at Country Coach and had dinner with him on Monday night.  Love this no cooking stuff.  We'll see more of Marty this winter at Happy Trails in Phoenix.  Great rally and greater friends!

And nary a photo to prove it, but the full tummies told the tale!  If you like Chinese food, the Golden Chopstix in Harrisburg is really good.  They make all their own food including things like egg rolls.  It's in the same location as the old Vault or the later Outfitters restaurants on Smith Street across from the post office.  Excellent food and a nice family.

ArdraF

Well guys, I ended up with 6 new AGM batteries thanks to Frank. They were installed the Monday following the rally by the same company that did Frank's. They honored the show prices. So I don't know who spent what are the most but every time I make an FMCA Rally I end up making a deposit of $2,000.00 or more. We had a great time at the rally even though we stayed in Bend.

Sorry Henry, But Terry is still in the lead  as far as expenses. He bought a new Silverleaf  gauge to tell him everything ( according to him! )

Betty who bought some  things to cover left overs! $20.

Wendy said:
Don't forget the new tires Terry bought for the Jeep !

Still don't think it's close (unless Terry bought the "Glass Dash")  and I'm not counting the tires I bought for the Motorhome, or Monaco Service center, or Cummins.

ken

Ken & Sheila said:
Still don't think it's close (unless Terry bought the "Glass Dash")  and I'm not counting the tires I bought for the Motorhome, or Monaco Service center, or Cummins.

Stop already! You win!

Geez Louise!  You guys are making me happy that we've finally hung up our keys!  Sounds like one of those "who spent the most on what" contests nobody really wants to win.  :D

Margi

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom