Looking at used Monoco Windsor 1997, cummings, slide, Comments?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chowhounds

Looking at a used Monoco Windsor 1997 with 100,000 miles.  Any comments or suggestions what to look out for?

I need to tow a small trailer with it.

Thanks

Gary

Do you know which engine it has and can you get access to the weight capacities? (See below).

We have several friends who either currently own or have recently owned Windsors. Two of the coaches were used by fulltimers and the other part time. The folks were all pleased with their coaches. Here's a checklist from our library for buying a used motorhome.

Towing should not be an issue; We tow a Suburban with our Monaco Camelot, although the coach is lighter than the Windsor. Our friends tow/towed Jeeps or vans with their Windsors. How heavy is the trailer you plan to tow? Here are the calculations for our Camelot; You should substitute the respective weights of the Windsor and your trailer to confirm that the combination is within allowable limits.

I think it's too good of a deal and might have been one of the floaters in Mississippi during Katrina.  We aren't in a hurry, just starting to look now.  The trailer and weight is small, currently towing with a Honda van.  Possibly will get a larger trailer soon.  We cook competition barbecue and are looking for something to set up to do that.  Which Motorhome has the largest kitchen area?

Thanks

Chowhounds said:
Which Motorhome has the largest kitchen area?

I wouldn't know how to begin to answer that one. You might need to visit some RV shows where numerous makes and models are on display.

The biggest and best kitchen is the one that the better half likes. I enjoy to cook but I try to to keep the home fires burning.
Joe

I am no kitchen expert (I'd sell the darn thing if I could get it out of the coach - in fact, I'd also sell the kitchen in the stick house if I could it out  ;)) but we have a 2000 Newmar Mountain Aire Diesel pusher with the couch and kitchen on the slide.  It is the largest kitchen I have seen in our limited search.  Try looking at some models with the kitchen on the slide to compare.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom