Route 66 Ft. Belknap Indian Reservation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smoky

Has anyone traversed route 66 through the Ft. Beklnap Indian reservation in Montana?  Is it motorhome friendly?  I might need to take this route to get from Sam's Camp to Kalispell.  My wife wants to travel the highline through Chester to see her old home.

Smoky said:
Has anyone traversed route 66 through the Ft. Beklnap Indian reservation in Montana?? Is it motorhome friendly?? I might need to take this route to get from Sam's Camp to Kalispell.? My wife wants to travel the highline through Chester to see her old home.

My neighbors are from that part of MT I will check with them to see which way they would recommend.  I haven't been up that way for years.

Smoky,

Just talked to my neighbors and they suggested either hiway 191 North out of Lewistown to hiway 81 then 81 to 80 through Gerldine to Fort Benton then North out of Fort Benton to Chester.? Or hiway 87 West out of Lewistown to Stanford then North on Hiway 80 through Gerildine to Fort Benton and North to Chester.
They have been on these roads with a MH and say it is a good two lane road.

OK Ron.

Just for curiosity sake, can you ask them if they know anything about route 66.  It looks desolate but interesting on the map.

Smoky said:
OK Ron.

Just for curiosity sake, can you ask them if they know anything about route 66.? It looks desolate but interesting on the map.

Sorry I can't ask them any more questions.  We departed Yuma this morning and are now in Las Vegas.  Working our way to Moab.

I can say that they did mention that the route I gave you was the better route.

"Better"

How do they define it?  Easier to drive?  More scenic?  Less likely to be attacked by wild Indians?  :D

I am still fascinated by Route 66.  Maybe I can find someone from the other RV forums who has traveled it.

It may have been that the route they recommended is shorter.  I have been on 66 but it has been so long ago I just can't rememeber anything about it.  When you are at Sam's Camp we should be able to get some first hand information on both routes from the locals.

Back
Top Bottom