Walmart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Walmart will never charge for overnight parking, but if it is abused too much at any particular store, they'll just prohibit it.

Ned said:
Walmart will never charge for overnight parking, but if it is abused too much at any particular store, they'll just prohibit it.

And jurisdictions keep placing stricter and stricter ordinances on where you can park overnight when the privilege is abused.

We live in a small town that is a suburb of a larger city.  Our local Walmart parking lot on the weekends is inhabited by numerous 18 wheelers who park there for the weekend while they are home.  Some have just left their trailers and taken the tractor home and  others leave the whole rig.  Last weekend I counted 11 rigs parked in our local Walmart lot (and zero RVs).  I would think they would be the first evicted due to size and likelihood of not shopping in the store.

Ned said:

I have only heard of 1+1 cases of Wal*mart prohibiting overnight parking.
One was "Neighborhood Wal*Mart stores,  These small stores have "Hours' (not 24) and small parking lots,  Not really enough room to park an RV.

The other was a Wal*Mart next to a used car dealer who used the Wal*mart lot for his excess inventory.. HE was the reason.

I have heard of many cases where a City, Township, County or even state (NE) has banned overnight parking save in a licensed campground.

If I had a truck and trailer and was stopping at Walmart for a lube/oil change or tires or other service AT WALMART, and management said it was ok, I would park in their lot, unhook the trailer leaving it in the lot, and take the truck in for the work. I doubt that any Walmart would say that I couldn't.

JID, reread my post. Hypothetical case based on what a previous person posted. And no, we do not have a Class C, we have a Class A since 2004.

justpassin said:
Yes you can unhook the toad but, not the trailer.
Just curious, when did you get elected appointed to the rules committee for Walmart overnight parking?

justpassin said:
darn it! You got me, its a fact.
I liked it better when it was your opinion, 'cause you know what they say about opinions.

"When I stop at a Walmart, I try to park along an edge of the parking lot, facing in a direction such that the extended slide does not protrude into the lot."

Exactly.  This is our routine as well, countless nights at Walmart, always look for a perimeter to extend the side in.  Have never been asked to leave, have always purchased something directly after arriving, have always left the area parked looking same or better than we arrived.

The amount of times anyone stops at Walmart
should be limited. Maybe twice a year? I wish Walmart
could keep track of how many times people camp.
What do you think?

justpassin said:
The amount of times anyone stops at Walmart should be limited. Maybe twice a year? I wish Walmart could keep track of how many times people camp.
What do you think?

I think you're more concerned than Walmart is.

justpassin said:
The amount of times anyone stops at Walmart
should be limited. Maybe twice a year? I wish Walmart
could keep track of how many times people camp.
What do you think?

You're just full of opinions on this subject. Is there something magic about the number 2? Is it any better than any other number? Why should there be any limit to the number of nights in a year? What earthly difference does it make to anybody if I spend 2 nights at Walmarts, or if I spend 50?

Actually, it does make a difference to somebody. Walmart would probably rather that I stayed 50 times rather than 2. When I stay at a Walmart, I am buying my groceries there rather than at some other supermarket. I can't conceive of any reason why it should make a bit of difference to you.

Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom