Walmart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary RV Roamer said:
We open the slides as needed when at a Walmart, always being careful that they don't protrude into a traffic area. Generally that means the bedroom slide and one of the two lounge slides.

As you can see, I don't buy into the "no slides" part of the recommended etiquette. I don't think opening a slide - or not - has much to do with being a low profile guest.

I absolutely agree.  Putting out the chairs, building a campfire, making s'mores and singing camping songs in a Walmart parking would be a bad thing.  It doesn't make sense OTOH, that the same Walmart that would extend the courtesy of an overnight stay, would object to my opening a bedroom slide on the sheltered side so we can go to bed.  When we stay at Walmart, we don't open any of the other slides.

What Joel said, why on earth do you care how many nights I stay parked in a Walmart parking lot ? We never abuse the privilege, we don't "camp" there, and we always ask first. And we try to take up as little space as possible so there's room for others to park, too.

Such a passionate thread....
I've never received a two time voucher pass from Walmart.  ;D
They've always asked me to park on the perimeter of the lot near the fence. When I roll my shopping cart all the way to my MH chock full of purchases, I do remember to take the empty cart back to the cart corral. Everybody wins.
Frankly, I don't understand what all the hoopla of made up rules is about.

BinaryBob said:
Such a passionate thread....Frankly, I don't understand what all the hoopla of made up rules is about.
Wow!! Bob is right.  I am just getting into using our RV and it is good to know that in a pinch there is WM, CB, and others that you can stop at if needed.

BinaryBob said:
Such a passionate thread....
I've never received a two time voucher pass from Walmart.  ;D
They've always asked me to park on the perimeter of the lot near the fence. When I roll my shopping cart all the way to my MH chock full of purchases, I do remember to take the empty cart back to the cart corral. Everybody wins.
Frankly, I don't understand what all the hoopla of made up rules is about.

Aye'... Always is...  ;)

My Rand MCNally has been very helpful for us finding Walmart's along our trips and whether or not they allow overnight parking. We did come across a couple that didn't allow overnight parking on our cross country trip last year but we called anyway to make sure and the manager told us at two of them that they didn't have enough space for overnight parking. Most of them do tend to cater to the RV'rs since many of us do shop in the store while parking for the night.

justpassin said:
Why do folks get so upset about
This Walmart thing? (Shrugs) (throws hands up)
No one was upset about "This Walmart thing".

Some folks just felt that you came on a little strong with stating rules that they must follow.

You can state what you do, or would do, without dictating rules to folks that you have NO standing to enforce.  Okay?

justpassin said:
The amount of times anyone stops at Walmart
should be limited. Maybe twice a year? I wish Walmart
could keep track of how many times people camp.
What do you think?
That is a stupid idea. Why are you so hung up about people overnighting at Walmart? Sam Walton was an RVer all his life and he wants the RVers parking in his parking lots. We don't need your rules. I have overnighted hundreds of times at Walmart and it never hurt anyone. So what if someone unhooks a trailer in the parking lot? Big flapping deal.

OK folks, let's calm down and focus on the subject not on individuals. The overlapping subjects of overnighting/staying/camping/fulltiming at WalMart do seem to bring out strong opinions & emotions on both sides, and they have done for the 20 years this forum has been around.

justpassin said:
How about locking this thread? Getting out of hand.

Ahhh come on, no way!!! This was just starting to disintegrate nicely and we are getting ready to invite people over to watch the posts sink further... 8).  It's almost as good as Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge or better yet those obnoxiously loud Champion Generators!!! :eek:

Just shopped at Walmarts #1 store in Rogers ark.
So nice reminded me of a Target store. I asked nicely
that my neighbor pull in his big slide.

justpassin said:
    Just shopped at Walmarts #1 store in Rogers ark.
So nice reminded me of a Target store. I asked nicely
that my neighbor pull in his big slide.
Bet he invited you in for a cup of coffee and Danish after that. ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV