Picking a campground site

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wendy

Site Team
Why, when there are only 2 spaces taken in a row of 14, do some people have the need to park in the space right between the only 2 RVs in the row??? What's wrong with the other 11 spaces?

Mostly venting but also wondering why some people pick the spots the pick.

Wendy - I have also wondered about park owners/employees who check folks in and give them the next space in a row - lining them up instead of spreading them out when there is plenty of room. :mad:

What's wrong with that Wendy? If you paid for two adjacent sites you might have a valid beef.

Tom said:
What's wrong with that Wendy? If you paid for two adjacent sites you might have a valid beef.

When there's no one else in the campground, why would you want to park right between the only two occupied spaces? I always try to pick a space away from the rest. And this wasn't a case of them being assigned the space next to us, they chose it from among a dozen unoccupied spaces, all with an equally awesome view.

I'm with you, Wendy.  We will look for a site separated from others if possible, so as to minimize any intrusion on them.  We also like uncrowded campgrounds :)

I too would choose an isolated site, given the option. Maybe some folks get lonely or feel "more secure" if they're camped next to someone? (The "WM in numbers" syndrome.)

Those that came from a boat should understand this, as it is the same as why do other boaters come right near you and anchor when the anchorage is huge.  It's called the herd syndrome, can't be out there alone!
Cheryl

LOL Cheryl, but the difference with a boat at anchor is that you'entitled to your rode.

For next season I moved to a different campground. It's a small campground on a river ....very reasonably priced...under $1000 for the season..May 1 to Oct 15, 2007. There were about 10 sites available. I based my decision on view, full shade, partial shade or full sun and hookup of course.  I have partail sun/shade and as it happened to turn out  it's the largest lot and all new septic, power n water. The site is basically in the middle of the row. A combination of tall trees and short bushes on each side of me seperating my lot from the others. Only problem is..from the rumors I heard...cell service is spotty and tv reception via regular antennae iis iffy. No cable there either.

Must be a herding instinct.  We have seen the same thing in National and State Forest Campgrounds.  No one checks you in.  You self register in 99% of the cases.  We always try to pick a spot off by ourselves.  I would say that maybe a quarter of the campers coming in will pick a spot near someone else.  Must make them feel safer incase the indians or a bear attacts.  I know I only have signed up for one site but with so many open why "pack" one area of the park???  Boondocking is something else.  When we did that a few times on our Alaska trip I DID LOOK FOR A SPOT THAT ALL READY HAD OTHER CAMPERS IN IT.  I did try to leave as much space between myself and them as possible but security was high in my thoughts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom