200 in MT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grump

Anyone out there taken #200 from Missoula to Great Falls with RV?  Wondering how much of a pull on Rogers pass and do I want to try it. Will be going week before Mem. Day, don't plan on being in hurry.  Fun travels to all!

According to the Mountain Directory West "Traveling West on State 200 there are no truck warning signs at the summit of Rogers Pass. There is only about 1 mile of about 6% and then 5% and less for about 2 miles to the chain up area. The road continues to roll up and down west of there.
The eastbound descent begins with a sign saying --"6%"-- no other details. It is a steady 6% for about 3 miles with 25 mph curves near the top. The grade eases to about 5% and then begins to roll up and down. This continues many miles with some 5%-7% hills included but they are usually short in length."

I hope this helps.

We have driven it and it is a nice drive, the Pass is a short climb followed by miles of pleasant driving with light traffic.

Not a great road in the winter time--in a car, 4wd pickup, or especially an RV.

Not bad in the summer, and the whole trip is pretty.

Slightly longer and even more scenic: when you get to Bowman's Corner (intersection of US89 and 200), turn south and head for I-15 at Wolf Creek.  That section of I-15 parallels the Missouri River and is really pretty.  The section of US200 that you'd miss is a lot of farmland and multiple small towns to slow down through.

Did it in our 34 ft DP pulling the toad and it is a fine road.  No problems at all.  Stopped at the top of the pass to look around.

Attachments

• rogerspass resize1.JPG
    rogerspass resize1.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 23
Back
Top Bottom