Home and practicing uke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
I took 3 ukuleles on our recent trip to visit family in Ohio. I also attended a uke meeting of the Buckeye Ukulele Society. Now we're back home and I'm practicing for the upcoming concert of the Delta Strummers, at the Mothers Day luncheon of my retired guys club.

I normally lead the singing of the club monthly meetings, which includes God Bless America as the closing. By coincidence, I close the Delta Strummers concerts with God Bless America

[quote author=Tom]... I'm practicing for the upcoming concert of the Delta Strummers, at the Mothers Day luncheon of my retired guys club.[/quote]

Tuesday was our last band practice before our upcoming Mothers Day concert. 30 folks showed up for practice, while several others who plan to perform had personal/medical issues preventing attendance. We're planning on 30-35 performers that day. Meanwhile, I continue to practice at home, especially a few songs that have tricky chord switches.

I've come to really like my 8-string uke, and now play it exclusively on Hawaiian numbers. It really "fills out" the sound, and I'm slowly moving to this uke to play other non-banjouke numbers. I revert to my 4-string Fluke uke for numbers that require thumb strumming, because I haven't yet figured out how to thumb strum the string pairs without them sounding like individual strings..

Back
Top Bottom