Elance - great source for computer based work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dante2004

I have no affiliation with elance...I've just used the site several times and I see people looking for work so I thought I would suggest it.  It is a freelance site where you can get anything from a voice over to a graphic design done for you.  And it isn't just computer based work.  There are gigs on there for creative writing, accounting advice, legal advice, all kinds of professions.

I have gotten a lot of great advice on here, just thought I would find some place where I could give back.

The big advantage I see for "Workcamping" like this is all you need is internet access.

- You won't risk ticking off the campground for running a business out of your site, they won't know and wouldn't care if they did
- You are free to continue traveling while you work
- Do not have to establish a "presence" each time you move. 

Anyway, just thought I would throw that idea out for anyone interested.

Who pays the fees?  Depends on the bid.  The "contractor" always pays them, but in reality many will just add that to the cost of the bid.  So I guess it depends on how you look at it.

I have used elance for several years both as a "contractor" and a "freelancer". 

You would be working for low wages relative to the "going rate" because you are competing for jobs with people from all over the world.  HOWEVER, you virtually have zero overhead, complete ability to travel, no worries about upsetting your campground?and at the very least it provides another avenue to get work.

Anyway?just thought I would throw out the idea.  My wife and I will be using it a lot this summer for some extra $$$ as we travel.

Back
Top Bottom