Serenity's Maiden Voyage!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RVn00b

Well, we finally did it!  We loaded up Serenity last weekend and took her on her first (with us) trip to nearby Jim Hogg Park on Lake Georgetown.  We'd tent camped there before (they allow it), so we knew which spots to ask for in order to have a view of the lake (woefully low as it is) and fairly easy access to the shore (although it proved to be too windy to fish). 

We traveled as we plan to on our big tour of the SE US this summer:  my beau Timmy, my mom, and Hank the Wonder Chihuahua.  The only difference was that Timmy followed me in his Jeep (we don't plan to travel with a toad this trip) as we knew there'd be SOMETHING we wouldn't realize we'd forgotten until we went to use it.  I made a list of everything we'd neglected to pack.  They included: 

• All of the outdoor gear Timmy has collected over the years:  from cast iron cookware to cooking utensils to the compact bottle of dish soap we'd bought last trip
  • Cooking spray (at least, thank God, I'd bought butter)
  • A stepstool (Mom has trouble with that last step) and stepladder
  • Did I mention dish soap?
  • ALL the refrigerated food we'd bought for the trip the night before and I'd stashed in the mini-fridge in my bedroom at home because I was afraid my sons would raid it while I was at work on Friday (see "butter," above).  Well, except for the veggie kabobs...those wouldn't fit in the mini-fridge and had to go in the main one.  I was fairly confident those wouldn't get nicked by the fellas, anyway.
  • Decaf coffee (I'd brought Mom's chai latte and the high-test nuclear fuel I prefer in the mornings, but didn't realize until after I'd arrived and set up how lovely a cup of decaf would have been)
  • And one more thing...oh, yeah.  Dish soap.

However, after one quick trip home to pick up the stuff from the mini-fridge (mumbling all sorts of invectives at Timmy along the way--fortunately, he wasn't in the car with me), and a slightly longer trip to HEB just 3 miles down the street the next day (which is why we chose Lake Georgetown over Granger Lake, which is roughly the same distance from home, but is close to nothing but the ground) we were all set.

Despite the steep learning curve--we never could get Serenity level on more than one axis, and we decided the X axis (side to side) was more critical to be balanced than the Y axis (front to back)--we considered the weekend a success.  We took advantage of the generosity of the full-timer couple across the street in a very nice Class A (he lent us his stepstool) and the fairly stable paved pad at the park to affix the custom decals I'd received earlier last week (our RV storage has a limestone rocks for a surface--not conducive for safe use of any kind of stool or ladder).  We also were able to arrange things in the bedroom that we hadn't been able to access until the slide was out.

For those who say "pix or it didn't happen," here ya go.  The crooked view of the back was the camera, not the levels, BTW. 

Attachments

• Serenity 1.jpg
    Serenity 1.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Serenity 2.jpg
    Serenity 2.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Serenity 3.jpg
    Serenity 3.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 40
  • Serenity 4.jpg
    Serenity 4.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 40
  • Serenity lights 1.jpg
    Serenity lights 1.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Serenity lights 2.jpg
    Serenity lights 2.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 39
I like pictures keep them coming. The Serenity looks good hope the maiden voyage all goes well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom