Slides?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maddie

I'm on my first workamping gig and wanted some advice from you veterans.  I will be here for 3 months and in the NC mountains the weather is pretty perfect all summer.  My question is how often I should retract the slides and jacks in order to keep them lubricated.  And does weather have anything to do with it?

Leave them alone, they'll be fine for the three months.

I would leave them out but before you do retract the jacks wipe them down with a silicone spray to get any dust and to protect the seal when you do retract them.

Your MH jacks may have a grease zert at the seal on the jack housing. I found quite a build-up of muck at the seal the first time I cleaned the jack rams. You may want to wipe off the zert and give each a few shots of approved grease before cleaning the ram. Then, shoot the seal area with some silicone spray and using multiple paper towels and your thumbnail, clean the seal area. Finally, shoot the entire ram with the spray and clean it while trying to remove as much of the silicone spray as possible.

I throw down a strip of carpet and take under the grease gun, spray, paper towel roll and an empty plastic grocery bag for the used paper towels. It goes pretty quick.

Back
Top Bottom