Dogs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No Really, Cody is very friendly. sometimes too much but because of Doberman reputation and some movies most people give them a lot of room. Those of us that have dobies laugh about it, in fact the last trip had three dobies in the park. Our black and tan, a red and tan, and one ivory. It was common ground for us to get together and talk about our fur kids.

It does make for an awesome picture.

How many people leave their kids at home because they are not well behaved or make too much noise?

Kids are supposed to make noise, and misbehavior is a learning experience. I have had the most hilarious experiences in campgrounds with kids - not my own. I guess it's the grampa thing....
Most notable was an epic super soaker fight. I think their parents thought I was crazy, but they appreciated a break..  :)

HappyWanderer said:
I can think of a few that I wish they had!

(NOTE:Wander was replying to a question "how many people leave their kids at home because they are too noisy or not well behaved?")

DITTO wander,  DITTO...

Fact: Campground I summer in.. Thankfully at the time I did not have a towed,, But a group of 3 kids wend down the road keying every car and pickup,  Hundreds of dollars in damage to each vehicle..  Easily hundreds of thousand in damages total.. 

Now the funny side of it:

A young boy (not involved) ask a group of people, including the park manager, what was up.. They told him, he looked at the scratches in one woman's car and said "That's my brother's Tag"..

Manager: What site are you one
Child: I'll show you

Yep.  it was his brother who'd done at least some of them.  Idiot would not give up his partners either so he took the entire cost, plus penality, plus whatever the judge gave him.. OUCH..  (I suspect he gave up his partners later).

Now that is one set of parents who'd have been a lot happier had they left Junior at home.

Hey, I love kids. I used to be one.

I come from a large family that grew up camping, so I know the drill. But every now and then, we'll be parked next to someone that I wish was set up elsewhere. Like rowdy kids in a restaurant, it's usually the parents' fault.

Now, back to dogs...

I know we are bringing our dogs when we move into our rv. Wouldn't have it any other way. Here are my poochies. Tucker is the white chihuahua maltese and Zelda is our Sheltie.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 25
I even took one of the recliners out of our fiver and replaced it with a platform I built for Bella's bed so she could lay in bed and look out the window.  LOL  She is one spoiled Blue Heeler . . .

justpassin said:
How many full timers have thought about
leaving pets at home; and will you on your next trip?                     

That will never happen with us.

justpassin said:
Everyone needs to make sure their pets
are as quiet as possible. Sounds like most
of you do.
Although this my be true who are you to lecture anyone on how to treat their pets. Dogs bark and some more than others. Everyone should care for their dogs,pick up after them, let them play and enjoy them. Keep them quiet as possible sounds like you should have a cat not a dog. My dogs are 5 month old Havanese and a 19 month old Havanese. They bark! I do train them not to but it's a work in progress. They bark and other dogs bark at them. Kids play and scream in delight. Its a campground not an old folks retirement home. Enjoy the sounds and don't be the  guy that complains about all the noise. 

OK folks, we can agree to disagree, but don't need to resort to personal attacks or name calling. Thanks.

justpassin said:
How many full timers have thought about
leaving pets at home; and will you on your next trip?                     

As we are full timers, and have no other home, we take the fur kid with us.

Dogs are not our complete life, but they do make our life complete.

Back
Top Bottom