The Ultimate Boat Trailer..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pantharen

http://www.admiraldrive.com/index.html

Is it a boat or is it a trailer... Nope, it is both. The best of both worlds. No trailer to park & pay for, as the trailer is the boat. The trailer will carry 5800lbs GVW, empty it is light enough to be towed behind a small car or a large ATV.

Attachments

• FT2069-7.jpg
    FT2069-7.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 95
  • FT2069-2.jpg
    FT2069-2.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 90
Pantharen said:
How about a Boat that does't need to be registered as a boat, because it is registered as a trailer (ie: licence plate & Insurance)

Rotsa ruck in finding a auto policy that covers losses afloat.  ::)  Especially liability losses.  Or a state that is happy with undocumented power boats with no vessel registration numbers on them operating in their waters.

The the CA regs on the subject:  https://www.dmv.ca.gov/boatsinfo/boatreg.htm  I suspect most states have similar regs.

Carl L said:
Rotsa ruck in finding a auto policy that covers losses afloat.  ::)  Especially liability losses.  Or a state that is happy with undocumented power boats with no vessel registration numbers on them operating in their waters.

The the CA regs on the subject:  https://www.dmv.ca.gov/boatsinfo/boatreg.htm  I suspect most states have similar regs.

The USA is weird when it comes to stuff like that..

I own a bunch of interesting toys here on Vancouver Island, BC Canada. my hovercraft that flies upto 30ft above the water, is registered as a boat & not an airplane. My float-trailer is registered as a trailer, and not a boat. and Yes, I have had repairs done under my vehicle insurance, on my trailer sustained while it was in boat mode.

I really can't see it being a very good boat. The tires up front will catch every wave and spray you and after a while of that I'm pretty sure the force of the water will destroy the lifting mechanism for the wheels. Recovering from the rear look like it would be a dangerous operation. Lowering and locking the A-frame then trying to hitch it at a boat ramp with Billy Bob and friends throwing a wake. Nah, I can see way to many issues and too many forces working against it.

captsteve said:
I really can't see it being a very good boat. The tires up front will catch every wave and spray you and after a while of that I'm pretty sure the force of the water will destroy the lifting mechanism for the wheels. Recovering from the rear look like it would be a dangerous operation. Lowering and locking the A-frame then trying to hitch it at a boat ramp with Billy Bob and friends throwing a wake. Nah, I can see way to many issues and too many forces working against it.

Did you visit the website..  This guy has some good videos on the 16ft & the 20ft https://www.youtube.com/user/nickdesign1
The hitch & wheels are all hydraulically actuated, I have used the Float Trailers in the pacific Ocean, under storm like conditions, on the old deisgn, where the hitch used a hand pumped jack, and the wheels were on a manual crank system. The old design was horrible..

Wonder how it would do in salt water. Looks like it would make a great flats boat esp. in the Indian River/Mosquito Lagoon.

spaceblonde said:
I know in Florida a Ampficar is registered both as a auto and a boat !
And not good at being either!

Historically combo vehicles have all failed due to the fact that they are over complicated and perform poorly.

In this example, just the logistics of getting out of the water at most boat ramps would make it near useless, Let alone the spray from the tires in a chop.

A little history...  the VW Schwimmwagen is in my memory, Had one stored in our yard/Farm.
Ca 1945 in Germany..  I was there.

Hundreds of amphib models have been built/ tried/used/ over the years in many countries.

Look here >>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Schwimmwagen

captsteve said:
In this example, just the logistics of getting out of the water at most boat ramps would make it near useless, Let alone the spray from the tires in a chop.

You are basing your information on what?? Ignorance or stupidity?? Clearly, you haven't done any research, there are a ton of videos showing that launching & retrieving the float trailers as being effortless, and they handle the water with load without soaking anyone on board, no drag from the hitch or wheels.

SO, Steve, where are you basing your information from??

BruceinFL said:
Wonder how it would do in salt water. Looks like it would make a great flats boat esp. in the Indian River/Mosquito Lagoon.

Do you know where Vancouver BC, Canada is... we're on the edge of the Pacific Ocean. When I was selling the First Generation of the Float Trailers, they handled the salt & rough water effortlessly.

Since I moved to Vancouver Island, I haven't been able to afford to buy a 2nd Generation, but I have been out on a couple of them. And the 2nd Gen, handle the ocean better than the first.

Pantharen said:
You are basing your information on what?? Ignorance or stupidity?? Clearly, you haven't done any research, there are a ton of videos showing that launching & retrieving the float trailers as being effortless, and they handle the water with load without soaking anyone on board, no drag from the hitch or wheels.

SO, Steve, where are you basing your information from??

I am basing it on my total ignorance of hydrodynamics stemming from 25 yrs. not knowing what I am doing as a Navel Design tester and Profesional blue water Master Mariner.I have spent hundreds of hours in your lovely town at the University of Vancouver testing hull designs in their test tanks. One of only two of it's type in this hemisphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom