rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Upgrading TV digital to analog audio. 2000 Itasca Suncruiser  (Read 1095 times)

HM50

Hello all! I'm in the middle of upgrading to an LCD TV in my 2000 Suncruiser. TV installation/refab went great until I realized the old tube tv connected to the audio system via a 3.5mm headphone jack into some sort of amp I assume, only marking is AMP-3. New TV only has digital audio output (tos link), no biggie, so I bought a digital to analog converter, but I get nothing through the radio speakers upon connecting the DAC to the "AMP-3". Anyone have any suggestions? Is this AMP-3 just a small amplifier to boost the old tube tv output?  Wiring diagrams from Winnie are of no help, although they do show this AMP-3 component. I cannot find any other info on it.
2000 Itasca Suncruiser
"the HAR-V"

dirko

• ---
Re: Upgrading TV digital to analog audio. 2000 Itasca Suncruiser
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 10:09:01 AM »
Hi Ho:  The amp in question is by the passengers feet.  I found the diagrams to be right on and very complete.  The biggest problem was to make a surround out of wood that followed the curved plastic surround.  Or are you getting rid of the surround?  Anyway, I got rid of all the Itasca audio stuff and simply used a good receiver that gave real surround sound to everything.   Unfortunately we don't have that coach any more so I can't send pictures.
Dirk and Katie and Duke (Golden Retriever)
Coach:  2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40QDH
What else:  Private Pilot (Piper Turbo Arrow), Woodworking, Scuba
Past life:  Electronic engineer (wireless R&D)