Pleasure Way Plateau

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blsmith25

I will be getting a 2006 in about 2 weeks. I am in Santa Clara, CA.
Since I haven't got it yet, I don't have as many questions about the unit itself, but they will come, I'm sure.

I do have a couple, though:

1. What is the clearance under the electric sofa? Is there enough room for a box 22"H x 23"W x11"D?
I'm thinking about ways to organize underneath that.

2. What have people been purchasing for cleaning solutions? Let's see, there's stainless steel on the wall, as well as the normal countertops and cupboards, bathroom and floor - I got the carpet taken out and linoleum throughout. That's just the inside. Then there are the bathroom/water tanks, not to mention the exterior. Any recommendations? Since it's a small space, I need to have the least amount of bottles and cleaning solutions. Is there a list of must-have items when you first purchase a MH?

That ought to do it for now. Don't want to fire off too many questions just yet... Save some for later... ;)

Thanks.

Sorry I missed this message earlier.

Used to be a Class B owner with a Dodge Ram 2500 van conversion.  Then added a trailer in 2003.  Then upgraded to a Class A pusher in 2006.

What kind of headroom does the Pleasure Way Plateau have?  I an thinking about a van conversion, but at 6'1" may be too tall for most of them.

b_smitty said:
We are new to Class B travel and camping, so it's good to hear from all of you veterans out there.? Next week we take delivery on a new Pleasure-Way Plateau (Sprinter-based).? Really looking forward to hitting the road this summer.? We've rented Class Cs on numerous occasions, but never a B.? We were attracted to the Class B because it can go just about anywhere and can park in a regular parking space.? Class Cs are just a bit too wide to move about freely, but too small to justify towing a car.? We generally like to camp in state, national park and other campgrounds with more natural surroundings, so access to the more remote campgrounds is a priority for us.? We have long been tent campers so moving up to a B will seem like luxury.? Still, because the B is small, we are assuming that prolonged trips are not really practical, so we expect to break up our travels into shorter more frequent trips, returning home often.? ?For that reason, fuel economy was also an important consideration in our choice, if only psychologically.? We paid a premium for the diesel engine, but liked the idea of getting 25 mpg.? What was the longest period you spent traveling and living in your B?? Any sage advice for a newcomer to Class B camping?? ????

I think there's plenty of headroom in a Plateau for 6'2". You can't pull a shirt off over your head while standing up without hitting the ceiling or fan screen, but you wan walk and stand up in it just fine. I've had a couple of tall friends in there and they're quite comfy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom