McMahon's RV Closings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob.n.Carolyn

Based on the many negative service and sales reviews on the web of McMahon's RV, this probably isn't a surprise to some:

http://rvdailyreport.com/industry/gecdf-sues-mcmahons-rv/

Since this article, the sales location in Palm Desert, CA has also closed.  Not sure which locations, if any, are still open, but would caution anyone to avoid doing any unnecessary business with McMahons unless and until they get their business back in order.

A little more fuel for the fire about the McMahon's RV closing.  NOTE:  None of this info posted on Yelp has been verified. 

Wednesday, April 16, 2014:

Posted to Yelp by west g (who ever he/she might be) on April 11th.

"As of 4-9-14 You don't have to worry about McMahon's RV anymore...it appears that the end is near!

The California Motor Vehicle Department yanked the Westminsters Vehicle sales license, the Orange County Marshals office siezed all assets of the Dealership, the many creditors lined up with their Accountants and auditors and spent 3 days at the CLOSED McMahons Westminster Dealership.

All four of McMahons Black Mercedes S Class Sedans are sitting locked up  in the front parking lot, and the only manager still there said the court also siezed his three homes in Coto de caza worth over well over  a million EACH.

The gates of the Dealership are all locked up to prevent the $40,000.00 and up motorhomes and RV's from disappearing, but most the remaining RV's aregone and or going back to the bank..

Rumor has it that Mr. Mike Thompson is interested in the property!"

I read about this in one of the RV business sites, but confirm that all the dealerships were actually closed. Based on my limited personal dealings with them I am not surprised.

ken

Bob.n.Carolyn said:
One more rumor popping up on the net, of late:  Camping World is also interested.

Marcus Lemonis put that rumor to rest when he announced through Good Sam that CW is no longer interested until McMahon can put their house in order and that does not seem likely. That may have been announced by Chuck Woodbury in one of his pubs - not sure if it was GS or Chuck's RV papers.

LOL.  Lemonis/CW made a low ball offer and got rebuffed. McMahon can't deal because GE has a lien on everything, and GE Credit isn't naive enough to fall for Lemonis' wheeler/dealer tactics.

Gary RV Roamer said:
LOL.  Lemonis/CW made a low ball offer and got rebuffed. McMahon can't deal because GE has a lien on everything, and GE Credit isn't naive enough to fall for Lemonis' wheeler/dealer tactics.

True but not much use in making a substantial offer when you are talking about a company on the ropes and with a reputation souring more and more every day.

I'm a bit curious as to what's going on with McMahon's RV. I came across this article a few days ago http://rvdailyreport.com/industry/mcmahons-lawyer-rips-ge-in-court-filing/ so it looks like things are in court now.

I drive by a McMahon's dealership in Colton, CA on a daily basis and the lot is still full of RVs. I can't tell for sure, but it doesn't look like it's open.

The one near me closed over a years ago.

Won't miss them.  Couldn't happen to a better group of 'censored' bags.

If his 4 houses are only a million each he's in the cheap side of Coto.

Back
Top Bottom