Memphis Blues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dverstra

Sitting along the River at Tom Sawyers RV Park. Watching the barges go past. Last night we sat at B.B. Kings with a cold one and listened to the Blues. Life is Good 8)

The only time we were headed to Tom Sawyer's (actually in West Memphis, Ar), we found ourselves driving through a seedy area, apparently getting seedier as we got closer. Half a mile or so from the RV park, we decided to turn around. Everyone I've talked to since then have told me we should have kept going, and would have been rewarded with a great RV park in a great location.

We was there last year, great park. Off the beaten path, looks of the area depend on which way you enter. We would for sure go back again.

Attachments

• 112 (Copy).JPG
    112 (Copy).JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 123 (Copy).JPG
    123 (Copy).JPG
    90 KB · Views: 70
  • 127 (Copy).JPG
    127 (Copy).JPG
    92 KB · Views: 72
Thanks for the pics. I wish we'd kept going (to Tom Sawyer's) that day.

BinaryBob said:
I'm jealous. Was there last February.
Did you buy their BB King beer glass? 
What a great place!
Bob
Saw the glass but didn't buy it. Great music at B.B. Kings. Good food too. Appetizers- Fried pickles and Catfish bites. I had the ribs and MaryAnne had the Cajun shrimp. Beer- Ghost River (local).

World Championship BBQ Contest this weekend....mmmh.

Tom- You need to stop here. Next time follow the directions on their website. You avoid the seedy area that way.

[quote author=dverstra]Next time follow the directions on their website. You avoid the seedy area that way.[/quote]

Thanks for the tip.

We almost stayed there when we were in Memphis. However, it was spring and their website cautioned that the entire place is sometimes under water from spring floods.

We had ribs at Blues City Cafe on Beale St., delicious!

Stan

Hope to be at Tom Sawyers in a couple weeks if all goes well. Glad to hear all the good reviews! I will make it a point to stop at BB Kings also.

dverstra said:
Sitting along the River at Tom Sawyers RV Park. Watching the barges go past. Last night we sat at B.B. Kings with a cold one and listened to the Blues. Life is Good 8)
Doesn't get much better than that. ;D

dverstra said:
Tom- You need to stop here. Next time follow the directions on their website. You avoid the seedy area that way.
It is a nice park.  However, their website does not tell you how to avoid the freight trains that frequently block traffic for long periods. :mad:  Also, springtime can be a problem when the river gets to romping.  Their office and other small building are all portable so they can move them to high ground when necessary. :)

It is also interesting to tour the Gibson Guitar Factory that is downtown near Beale St. Make reservations, though.

dverstra said:

Been to Memphis several times, but never in a coach.  I've put Tom Sawyer's and BB King's on our must see list for next spring.  Thanks!

Bob, just for clarification, Tom Sawyer's is in West Memphis, Ar, across the river from Memphis. It's approx 25 minutes drive from Graceland.

I spent hours in the Rock and Soul Museum near the Gibson Guitar Factory.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom