Norcold N841IM Refrigerator "No Flow" Error

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alaskalife

Gas tank is open (heater, water heater, and stove are burning)

Manual shut off valve behind fridge is open

Cycled the system 3 times per the manual to remove air

Still getting No Flow error

It's happened periodically over the last couple weeks and now it won't fire at all.  The ignitor seems to be working, I can see the spark when looking into from behind.  I see an electronic controlled valve for the gas...wondering if this might be the problem?  Or something simpler that I might have overlooked. 

Sometimes air will get into the line and keep the refer from getting propane. Try igniting a few burners on the stove and turn the furnace on for a few minutes. Then see if the problem still exists.

I think you mean "No Flame", with the fridge showing "no FL". That means the burner did not light when expected. The ignition sequence is that the circuit board opens the gas valve and then triggers the igniter to spark and waits to see if the flame sensor reports a flame. If no flame sensed within 15-20 seconds, it closes the gas valve again.

The usual reason for a failure to light is rust or cobwebs in the gas tube leading to the burner. I suggest you vacuum it out, or run a swab or cloth through it in some manner. Other possible causes would be a failed gas valve of igniter tip out of position (not close enough to the gas stream).

You can download a Norcold N-series service manual here:
http://bryantrv.com/docs.html

Yeah, guess it means no flame not no flow...kind of one in the same though since gas stops flowing when there is no flame.  :)

I guess it was just air...and a lot of it...literally took over 20 cycles to get it to fire and it's been acting right all day today...

If your stove and refrig are located near each other an easier way to clear the gas line of air is to turn on the stove until it lights.

They are all near each other and I did....ran stove and oven for several minutes....water heater for several minutes....and heater for several minutes.  All worked fine the entire time.  And it still took over 20 cycles to ignite fridge... 

It's behaved all day today...we shall see in the coming days what happens.  :) 

The fridge uses so little propane that it can take a long time to work a bubble out of the line.  But you may have also just worked a bit of debris or cobweb out of the critical path through the burner supply tube.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom