Moab Fall Rally 2014 (Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2014)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zmotorsports

For anyone who wants to join us in this fall in Moab please check your schedules and plan ahead.  Fall is a great time to come to Moab for hiking, bicycling or 4-wheeling and usually accompanied with cooler temperatures and less crowds.

If you would like to join us please respond to this thread so we can get an attendee list going and be sure not to miss anyone.  Call Portal RV Park and make your reservations, but do not inform them that you are with the RV Forum group.  You will be responsible for your own reservations and your own deposits so be sure to read Portal's reservation and cancellation policy.

Portal RV Park
1261 U.S 191
Moab, Utah
(435)259-6108

Here is a link to Portal's website.
http://www.portalrvresort.com

Hope to see all of our RV Framily this fall.

Mike, Chrystal & Jared.
Edit: Corrected Portal reservation procedure.

Barb and I would love to join you Mike, but already commited to FMCA 4-wheelers rally in St. George that same week...Darn.
I agree that Moab in the fall is great!  Really missed seeing everyone at Portal this year.  Glad to see you leading the trails...looks like you found the right starting point for Poison Spider, one of my favorites along with Hell's Revenge.  Say hi! to Chrystal and Jared.
Frank

We would like to join everyone in the fall. It would be the first time for us to be in that area of the country. We won't be able to go on the Jeep trails but I am sure there will be plenty of other things to do.

Ken, glad to hear you and Sheila will be there. 

Frank, sorry we will miss you guys again.  We will have to look forward to the next time.

John, there are plenty of other things to do in Moab besides off-roading.  Also, keep in mind that if you don't have a vehicle capable of off-roading there are usually some vacant seats among some of the vehicles that can be shared.  Also there are a lot of very scenic trails that are mild enough to be driven on by standard vehicle.

Mike.

Mike, Margaret and I will try to work Moab into our schedule . We have really enjoyed Jeeping with you this year. Since  Jared is my personal photo man I wouldn't want to let him down.

I am twisting Frank's arm and with some juggling of schedules  I think  Terry and Betty will attend.

Sounds great everyone.  Looking forward to seeing everyone again and this rally isn't even over yet.

Mike.

OK! I give....we will do the pre-run rally at St. George, then head to Moab.
Thanks everyone for giving me the chance to redeem myself.
Frank

FrankW said:
OK! I give....we will do the pre-run rally at St. George, then head to Moab.
Thanks everyone for giving me the chance to redeem myself.
Frank

Frank, glad to see you and Barb planning on joining us.  I am sad to see you miss out on a week of wheelin in St. George though.

Mike.

Sounds great Don.  We look forward to seeing you and MaryAnn again.

I will get an attendee list going very soon.  Once we get home and the internet is a little faster. ;D

Mike.

In correction to my original post, don't mention you are with a "group", just make the reservations normally and reply here in this thread and we will add your name to the attendee roster.  I am sure they know we are a group @ Portal but they don't treat us as such due to some of their policies so we don't want to confuse them.

Sorry for the confusion, I tried to modify my original post but couldn't so I hope all will see this.

Thanks.

Mike.

We're going to change our reservations today at Portal from May 2015 to October 2014, I am thinking that I'll have the majority of the Jeep's modifications done by September.

Oscar Mike said:
We're going to change our reservations today at Portal from May 2015 to October 2014, I am thinking that I'll have the majority of the Jeep's modifications done by September.

Sounds great John, glad we didn't scare you off and you will be joining us again.  It was great to meet you and your wife and we were hoping you would return with the group.

Mike.

We've also changed our Portal reservation from May 2015 to Oct-Nov. 2014.  We just saw Doug a few minutes ago when we went to the office to make the change and he agreed that fall is much quieter time.

ArdraF

zmotorsports said:
Sounds great John, glad we didn't scare you off and you will be joining us again.  It was great to meet you and your wife and we were hoping you would return with the group.
Mike.

We are already looking forward to it. I got just a very small sampling of off-roading in Moab, so I am pretty jazzed to get there for an entire week and really see what Moab has to offer.

Back
Top Bottom