Moab Fall Rally 2014 (Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2014)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was  an exceptionally beautiful fall day.  Loretta baked an apple pie from scratch.  Ken and Sheila hiked Park  Avenue both directions and a couple of other arch hikes. A small group of hearty  hikers  hiked Double O, a challenging  rock crawl.  A group of Jeepers ran Hells Revenge supervised by  Barb and Betty as they were the only 2 females on the trip. It was fantastic.

AWARDS:  Casper the Smiling Friendly Ghost was given to Margaret who was happy and complimentary all day long on the  Double O  hike.  It was her third day in a row of  hiking!

The Great Pumpkin was awarded to  Frank and Barb W for caring.  And for being the nicest  people Henry knows! All the people in the group agree. 

The  Cheshire Cat was awarded to Gary B as he  really really got his  $  worth  out of his new lift kit.  He did all the  obstacles on Hells Revenge with a  big GRIN on his face.  he  is really IN TO  this off road thing!

We also have a contest going on.  There is  a jar of Corn Candy and folks were to put their name and guesstimate of candy on a paper.  Announcements of winner will be made on Halloween night.  Bring  a roll of toilet paper!

Steve has a very fancy  Bar B que which he brought to  the dinner tonight!

Attachments

• IMG_1952.JPG
    IMG_1952.JPG
    237.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1953.JPG
    IMG_1953.JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1955.JPG
    IMG_1955.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1956.JPG
    IMG_1956.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1973.JPG
    IMG_1973.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1975.JPG
    IMG_1975.JPG
    210.7 KB · Views: 21
Forgot to mention in last post  about  Gary P and his new 35 inch tires and lift kit.  He is ready for big boy trails!  Andrea seems happy too.

If you're interested in driving up Long Canyon/Pucker Pass, visiting Dead Horse State Park, and then returning down Long Canyon Jerry and I will meet you at the car line-up area in front of the office at 10:00 tomorrow.  Bring the usual lunch, water, chairs, and FRS radio/CB.  It will take about an hour in each direction plus the time we spend at Dead Horse State Park.  We'll take anyone who needs a ride.

ArdraF

Bring a roll of toilet paper?  My Goodness, Miss Betty Person!  What activity have you come up with now??? 

Love, your loyal fan, Margi

Well, Margi, it can't be a toilet paper test because we already did that this year!  ;D

ArdraF

ArdraF said:
Well, Margi, it can't be a toilet paper test because we already did that this year!  ;D

ArdraF

You just never know what Betty will come up with.  ;D  Some of my favorite memories of forum rallies revolve around "she wants us to do WHAT??"  and we did, and we had loads of fun doing those crazy WHAT?? things, too.  ;D

Another great fall day in Moab full of activities. 

We had a great dinner tonight and some amazing food that everyone pitched in and brought.

As for tomorrow, there will be two 4WD trails tomorrow, one going to Long Canyon/Pucker Pass  departing at 10:00 am at the campground exit.

There will also be a more technical 4WD trail departing @ 9:00 am with a driver's meeting just prior.

We hate to say goodbye to some of our rally members that are departing early but we understand.  It was great to meet Len and Brenda and wish them safe travels as they depart tomorrow.

We also hate to see team LoLa leave as they too must depart the rally early due to prior commitments.

We look forward to seeing you guys in Texas next spring. 

Travel safe.

Mike.

There will also be a more technical 4WD trail

Does this mean scarier than some of the others?  After all, it is Halloween!  :)

Safe travels to you early departees.  We enjoyed meeting Len and Brenda and hope we'll see you again at another rally.  It was fun seeing Team Lola again and enjoyed Loretta's "made from scratch" apple pie.  Don't get many of those these days because I don't make them!  The whole dinner was yummy.

ArdraF

Tom and Margi said:
Bring a roll of toilet paper?  My Goodness, Miss Betty Person!  What activity have you come up with now??? 
Love, your loyal fan, Margi

Margi,
It will be a team thing and involves a timer.  Scotch tape  may help.  We will look for volunteer recruits for staring roles at Happy Halloween Hour  10/31.  My goal is  memory making laughter!

So sorry Len and Brenda , Larry and Loretta will miss out.  But we will give them a rain check and see them at near  future rallies!

A few pics on the run yesterday.

Attachments

• Hells Revenge Fall 2014 043-001.JPG
    Hells Revenge Fall 2014 043-001.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Hells Revenge Fall 2014 056.JPG
    Hells Revenge Fall 2014 056.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Hells Revenge Fall 2014 065.JPG
    Hells Revenge Fall 2014 065.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Hells Revenge Fall 2014 072.JPG
    Hells Revenge Fall 2014 072.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Hells Revenge Fall 2014 077.JPG
    Hells Revenge Fall 2014 077.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Hells Revenge Fall 2014 085.JPG
    Hells Revenge Fall 2014 085.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Hells Revenge Fall 2014 099.JPG
    Hells Revenge Fall 2014 099.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 42
  • Hells Revenge Fall 2014 141.JPG
    Hells Revenge Fall 2014 141.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Hells Revenge Fall 2014 247.JPG
    Hells Revenge Fall 2014 247.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Hells Revenge Fall 2014 197.JPG
    Hells Revenge Fall 2014 197.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Hells Revenge Fall 2014 252.JPG
    Hells Revenge Fall 2014 252.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 30
  • Hells Revenge Fall 2014 112.JPG
    Hells Revenge Fall 2014 112.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 40
Great looking pictures there Henry, but is that a front tire in the air in that first picutre of Terry????

That appears to be higher than mine was.

Mike.

OPPPPPS .  I made a mistake  on  awards yesterday.  Frank and Barb are  the nicest people HENRY  knows.

I corrected  it in the post and  want to thank  Henry for reading  RVForum posts very closely!  So if you are now  reading this closely please bring toilet paper and scotch tape to  Happy Halloween Hour today.

No way Terry's tire is off the ground more than yours was. Mike you almost ate it. Ha! And Betty I did forget about the toilet paper.

Happy Halloween  hour.  10/31/14  It was a day we all got younger.  I believe laughter  makes the  endorphines  flow and when it does we get younger.  Tonight's festivities were a hoot of  stomach aching laughter.  But first the daily awards.

Bill R got Great Pumpkin because he had all the right tools to  fix things for Frank and Gary at the end of the trail today.

Gary P won Cheshire Cat by default.  First it was going to go all of  the 6 guys who went up a  ridiculous trail today filled with boulders  and loose rock.  But it was a unanimous decision ( by those  6) that the smartest one of the group was Gary who  decided the trail was not for his  stick shift and non locker Jeep.  Lots of discussion about Strike Ravine which has been renamed  by the group as Strike Out Ravine. Somehow Gary disappeared before I coud get his  photo for  our records.  I will catch  him tomorrow.

And finally  once again I snag the  Casper the  Ghost award for my  smiles on the trail  and making all feel included.

Attachments

• IMG_2069.JPG
    IMG_2069.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2093.JPG
    IMG_2093.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2114.JPG
    IMG_2114.JPG
    169.5 KB · Views: 12
What a great Happy Halloween Hour tonight.  We had a great time and everyone seemed to get in a good laugh or two.

Tomorrow's trail ride will be an exploration experience departing @ 9:30 am at the camground exit.

We hope to see everyone there for a fun filled day with the Framily.

Mike.

Some pic of the Jeep trail that never happened and some nice arches.

Attachments

• Jeeping at Picture Frame Arch 003.JPG
    Jeeping at Picture Frame Arch 003.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Jeeping at Picture Frame Arch 002.JPG
    Jeeping at Picture Frame Arch 002.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Jeeping at Picture Frame Arch 010.JPG
    Jeeping at Picture Frame Arch 010.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Jeeping at Picture Frame Arch 014.JPG
    Jeeping at Picture Frame Arch 014.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Jeeping at Picture Frame Arch 027.JPG
    Jeeping at Picture Frame Arch 027.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 38
  • Jeeping at Picture Frame Arch 033.JPG
    Jeeping at Picture Frame Arch 033.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Jeeping at Picture Frame Arch 034.JPG
    Jeeping at Picture Frame Arch 034.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Jeeping at Picture Frame Arch 042.JPG
    Jeeping at Picture Frame Arch 042.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Jeeping at Picture Frame Arch 048.JPG
    Jeeping at Picture Frame Arch 048.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Jeeping at Picture Frame Arch 056.JPG
    Jeeping at Picture Frame Arch 056.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 29
And yes Margi, Here it is.  The RVForum TP report.

I'm certain that after today's activity  many were not liking their RV friendly toilet paper.  Seems double or triple ply might have been better building material for  our mummy contest.  First thing we  needed was 3 male model  volunteers .  Frank, Don and Mike joined up right away (well sort of right away)  Then  we requested 2 designer women for  each male model.  Now we have Team Don with Anita and Judy.  Team Frank with Sheila and Margaret and Team Mike with Ardra and Carol.  3 judges were selected to be timers and Final Judges! On my count  the toilet paper began to fly.

The designing women were to dress their Male Model like a mummy in a prescribed amount of time.  The laughter began right away as strategies  varied from beginning with  wrapping legs or heads first.  Oh the comments.  Frank told his team it was not  "Pin the tail on the donkey!"  Ardra's  used a lotta tape to ensure their team did not  touch  anything private! Don's team crippled him by making him into a sarcophagus.  He looked good but he  could not walk.

So I'll share a  bunch  of  before during and after photos so you may get he flavor  of this wonderful Halloween activity.  I've not laughed so hard in a long time!  And in  later post you will find out the  decision of the judges.

Our  Hostess and Witch Diva Crystal  started the festivities!  She is so cute!

Attachments

• IMG_2009.JPG
    IMG_2009.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2018.JPG
    IMG_2018.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2020.JPG
    IMG_2020.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2025.JPG
    IMG_2025.JPG