Moab Fall Rally 2014 (Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2014)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And nearing the finish line of time, teams are in a frenzy and  the  audience is in stitches.  Single  ply just does not hold up.  Models have been named Scotty, Charmin and Angel.  Don't  you wish you could have joined us at a Fall rally in Moab? 
So more  photos.....

Attachments

• IMG_2034.JPG
    IMG_2034.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2038.JPG
    IMG_2038.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2044.JPG
    IMG_2044.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2050.JPG
    IMG_2050.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2057.JPG
    IMG_2057.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2061.JPG
    IMG_2061.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2067.JPG
    IMG_2067.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 38
A HUGE thank you to  all the RVForum Framily  for participating, laughing and enjoying our Halloween activities .  We made some memories  tonight didn't we?

Team Frank ( aka Scotty) with  designing women Sheila and Margaret were deemed winners by the judges. But there was some controversy as Mike's size required  more TP and one of the judges was  married to a designer... see there are  politics everywhere.  All deserved awards but I only got one prize in town today.  Enjoy your mug  Frank!  The girls got  popcorn.

Next set  of  photos will be the  individual  Halloween costumes and their  photos!  After I have a break tonight!

One of the contests held over the past two day was the guess how many corn candies are in the Jar.

22 people  voted.  The high  vote  was 2022 the low vote was 77.  The average vote was 328  the mean vote was 223.  The winning vote was May Ann who voted 175 with  178 actual candies.  She wins  all the  jar of  candy and a neat little Moab sticker decal for her car or wall  or scrapbook or what ever!  Great job everyone.

Sorry it was not  $1000.00

Attachments

• IMG_2007.JPG
    IMG_2007.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2076.JPG
    IMG_2076.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 33
So  our hostess Chrystal brought costumes for  all and  provided the back drop for our Halloween  Photos.  I  did notice that many of our new comers to this  RVForum rally  missed out  on their opportunity for "Fame."

We promise to  get you next time!  You are on  my list!

In no particular order here are  the costumes of  2014.  I want you to know  Terry Brewer  dressed Ken Kuch  for the photo event and Corrine, you were missed so  Sheila stood in for you!  Dee sorry you've been sick but maybe I've posted enough photos for you to feel like you were here. Andrea where have you been?  Jared we missed you.  I wanted to see you in pig tails!
Larry and Loretta we heard you did not need to leave so  early. SO SAD.  Len and Brenda aren't you sorry you left this craziness early?  You shoulda seen how  much candy was offered at Happy Hour!  Even Jelly beans.  Thanks Don and Mary aAnn!

Happy Halloween everyone!

Attachments

• IMG_2106.JPG
    IMG_2106.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2108.JPG
    IMG_2108.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2098.JPG
    IMG_2098.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2102.JPG
    IMG_2102.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2091.JPG
    IMG_2091.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2096.JPG
    IMG_2096.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2088.JPG
    IMG_2088.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2090.JPG
    IMG_2090.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2084.JPG
    IMG_2084.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 30
More Costume  participants.....

Attachments

• IMG_2087.JPG
    IMG_2087.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2081.JPG
    IMG_2081.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2083.JPG
    IMG_2083.JPG
    164.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2076.JPG
    IMG_2076.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2078.JPG
    IMG_2078.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2013.JPG
    IMG_2013.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2071.JPG
    IMG_2071.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2012.JPG
    IMG_2012.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 24
What a crazy and fun evening!  Chrystal and Betty outdid themselves.  Thank you ladies!

ArdraF

Ahhhhhh,
The final  day of our RVforum rally.  Happy Hour was a Bust as a group was delayed  by a landslide and road closure and the  rest of us were blown away by the weather.  Seriously the wind blew  so hard through the pavilion that the chips flew out of their  bowls. 
Awards were all given to Mike and Chrystal for their hospitality in leading this RVForum Rally.  They have been all smiles as have the rest of us.  It was  a most  impressive rally and  we thank them for  their organization, new ideas and most of all for just  being  them!

Attachments

• IMG_2157.JPG
    IMG_2157.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 30
Thanks for all the pictures. What fun y'all had ! Now that your rally is over, I guess it can snow.

Wendy said:
Thanks for all the pictures. What fun y'all had ! Now that your rally is over, I guess it can snow.

If the wind is blowing in a front, it just may  snow tonight and for sure  we will hit rain on the  road tomorrow.  BUT we did have near perfect weather for the rally. 

Love to hear all the directions we head  when  rally  "ends."  Glad some are staying.  Happy  Anniversary to Steve and Dee on Sunday! 

Hope to see  all of you again at another  RVForum Rally.  May our flags wave in Friendship and Communication.

Betty

Thanks everyone for coming and making it such a great rally.  It was great to see all of our friends again and great to meet new friends as well.

Everyone travel safe and we look forward to our paths crossing in the future.

Mike & Chrystal.

Oh my goodness, Miss Betty Person!  You and the rally participants really outdid yourselves and set the bar high for future hijinks!  Thanks for sharing all the fun with us.  Love you all!  (Note to all future rally participants:  beware this lady's talents.  She will make you have fun in spite of your stodgy, conservative self.  Ask me how I know!  ;D )

WOW.  Looks like we left too soon.  As you probably heard, we were halfway when the phone
rang and my trip was cancelled.  We discussed returning to Moab but decided we would keep going.

The wind blew on us all the way down the road.  It seems no matter which way we go, we find a headwind.

Glad everyone had a good Halloween.  Sorry we missed the "Mummy Contest".  That looked like the type
of shenanigan that I always get roped into. . . . 

A big thanks to Chrystal and Mike for heading up this rally.  It was a great time and we had so much fun
even though our time was cut a bit short.  We always have fun in Moab and look forward to our next trip
back there.

We wish everyone safe travels and look forward to our next gathering.  We will see everyone in Texas in
May 2015, IF NOT BEFORE ! ! ! !

Team LoLa
Larry & Loretta

Larry you really missed the most scenic run I have every seen. Words can not describe it and pictures does it no justice. White Rim and Potash Rd.  We ran into a rock slide and had to turn around and back track. The next to last photo show the blockage in the road and the last pick is in Portal as the sun set on our final Happy hour. We all said our good-byes and much thanks to Mike and Crystal for hosting one of the best events we have ever attended. Hope to see everyone on the road in the future. Drive safely and will be seeing everyone soon.

Attachments

• White Rim 1003.JPG
    White Rim 1003.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 27
  • White Rim 1015.JPG
    White Rim 1015.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 27
  • White Rim 1017.JPG
    White Rim 1017.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 26
  • White Rim 1022.JPG
    White Rim 1022.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 22
  • White Rim 1027.JPG
    White Rim 1027.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 19
  • White Rim 1031.JPG
    White Rim 1031.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 20
  • White Rim 1036.JPG
    White Rim 1036.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 18
  • White Rim 1046.JPG
    White Rim 1046.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 22
  • White Rim 1061.JPG
    White Rim 1061.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 28
  • White Rim 1085.JPG
    White Rim 1085.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 40
  • White Rim 1087.JPG
    White Rim 1087.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 44
  • White Rim 1090.JPG
    White Rim 1090.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 30
Thanks to all for a great rally. You folks sure know how to make newcomers feel welcome, and thanks to all for the 4-wheeler training. We plan to see you all again at Q and Palo Duro. We're headed to Elephant Butte so that I can continue my Jeep training. Safe travels to all.

Great pics of White Rim and Shafer Switchbacks Henry!

And thanks again to Barb and Frank the opportunity to see the fabulous scenery on the trail.

Betty Brewer said:
My apologies for misspelling her name each time I mentioned this  gem of a lady.  Sorry  Chrystal.

No problem Betty.  Now if we can get Larry to correct the spelling of our last name on the Palo Duro Rallly. ;)

Mike & Chrystal Zuech

I misspelled her name also. Sorry Chrystal.
We made it to Grants NM. And had my coach serviced at  Speedco. Heading for Amarillo tomorrow. Everyone drive safe.

I always think it  bittersweet when  a rally ends.  I  do love hearing  where the adventures continue as this RVForum group of travelers have such diverse destinations.

We made it 120 miles  south of Portal to Goosenecks State Park for an overnight of dry camping  along the river. Took a quick trip to the restaurant at Gouldings some  30  miles further south (in the car)  and had large Navajo tacos for lunch and brought home green chili stew for supper.  We are weaning ourselves away from the big group by  having  a smaller rally of  Ken and Sheila and Barb and Frank with us .  Since it is only 51 degrees we are not sitting outside. Can't believe we have internet here in the  toolies but  we do with our hotspot on phone!

Missing you!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom