Moab Fall Rally 2014 (Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2014)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Continued my Jeep training today in Elephant Butte. Bill, myself, and the Rally hosts pre-ran a trail Bill will be leading during the Rally. Looks like I will be able to run a number of the trails over the next two weeks. Even got another good compliment of doing very well for someone so new. Must be careful I don't get a big head. Should be a fun month here.

Say hi to Nancy for us.  We've stayed at Elephant Butte before and really enjoy the area.  You are a natural and will learn Jeeping in no time at all. Hi to Darlene!

Will do Betty, upon meeting Nancy she reminded me of you, very friendly and bubbly. As said, already having a great time here.

Great to hear Gary.  Glad you are enjoying your Jeep.  You kind of looked like you were having fun in Moab.

Mike.

Well, it is a little late but I finally had some time to download the camera and thought I would post up some of our pictures from the rally.

Chrystal and I sure had a great time.  It was awesome to see all of our old friends, twice in one year I might add, and to meet several new friends whom I hope to see again.  I hope we didn't run or scare anyone off. :eek:

We appreciate all of the compliments but we really didn't do anything special or major.  It was a collective participation that made the rally so great.  That is what happens when you get some many wonderful people together in one place.  We look forward to seeing everyone in Texas if not before.  It just sucks that the Palo Duro rally is 6+ months away.

Mike.

Attachments

• moab1.jpg
    moab1.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 26
  • moab2.jpg
    moab2.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 26
  • moab3.jpg
    moab3.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 27
  • moab4.jpg
    moab4.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 27
  • moab5.jpg
    moab5.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 26
  • moab6.jpg
    moab6.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 26
  • moab7.jpg
    moab7.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 24
  • moab8.jpg
    moab8.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 27
  • moab9.jpg
    moab9.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 26
More pictures.

Mike.

Attachments

• moab10.jpg
    moab10.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 22
  • moab11.jpg
    moab11.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 25
  • moab12.jpg
    moab12.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 22
  • moab13.jpg
    moab13.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 20
  • moab14.jpg
    moab14.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 26
  • moab15.jpg
    moab15.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 22
  • moab16.jpg
    moab16.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 24
  • moab17.jpg
    moab17.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 19
  • moab18.jpg
    moab18.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 22
More pictures.

Mike.

Attachments

• moab19.jpg
    moab19.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 19
  • moab20.jpg
    moab20.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 22
  • moab21.jpg
    moab21.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 22
  • moab22.jpg
    moab22.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 21
  • moab23.jpg
    moab23.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 25
  • moab24.jpg
    moab24.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 22
  • moab25.jpg
    moab25.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 22
Thanks for the great pics Mike! Makes me want to go back.  Makes me want to buy a Jeep  :eek:

Steve

Steve N Dee said:
Thanks for the great pics Mike! Makes me want to go back.  Makes me want to buy a Jeep  :eek:

Steve

Me too Steve. 

As far as the Jeep, you have until next year to acquire one and be ready. 8)

Mike.

See this video on Vimeo for a beautiful time lapse of the Moab area.  I know many of you will recognize some of the views.  It's 56MB in HD.

Chrystal, have you found the photo of Henry riding the broom and wearing the witch's hat?

ArdraF

ArdraF said:
Chrystal, have you found the photo of Henry riding the broom and wearing the witch's hat?

ArdraF

Ardra, yes we have it I just forgot to post it.  Chrystal just reminded me this evening as well.  I will throw it up tomorrow.

Mike.

I am assuming this is the picture you want to see. ;D

Mike.

Attachments

• Henry.jpg
    Henry.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 61
We finally got to Moab.  You guys should have hung around another wek, Scots on the Rocks started Friday!  We are at OK RV south end of town.  Had a Scotch Egg yesterday, amybe some Haggis today.

A few more pictures that I found on the camera when downloading.

Mike.

Attachments

• Frank&Barb.jpg
    Frank&Barb.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Chrystal&Loretta.jpg
    Chrystal&Loretta.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 26
  • MummyContest.jpg
    MummyContest.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 4Arches.jpg
    4Arches.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 25
I guess Mary Ann and I will be the last of the Moab Rallyers to check in from home.

We finally made it in yesterday.  Excuses? Well, it was 2048 miles.  Real reason?  We dragged (drug?) our feet, unwilling to bring this year's trip to an end.

Thanks so much to Mike and Chrystal for the effort they both put in to making this fall rally happen.  Special thanks to Mike for letting me be his bobblehead in the passenger seat on two great off-road rides -- and to Chrystal who so generously provided the salted-in-the-shell peanuts and the Kroger low fat Nilla Wafer cookie things. YUM!

Thanks to Betty for her usual dose of enthusiasm that made the afternoon gatherings so much fun for those of us who were beginning to "drag" -- and no, I am not talking about "Henry the Witch".  :)

Thanks as well to all the friends, both old and new, who made this rally so special!

Happy Trails 'til next time.  Be well!

Don and Mary Ann

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sinbad
Back
Top Bottom