PALO DURO CANYON RALLY, MAY 10-17, 2015 - CANYON TEXAS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BigLarry, perhaps you could check on cell phone service when you talk to the campground staff.  I suspect most of us have Verizon and would be very much interested in if there is coverage at the campgrounds.

Ned said:
BigLarry, perhaps you could check on cell phone service when you talk to the campground staff.  I suspect most of us have Verizon and would be very much interested in if there is coverage at the campgrounds.

Ned:  I will put that on my Larry-Do list and will let you know.  We plan to camp in Mesquite soon and
I will do a survey of other campers (those who will participate anyway) and just ask what service they have
and how is their signal.  Results to be posted back here in a few months.

Ned,

I hope Larry can say otherwise, but on Verizon's coverage maps it shows NO coverage in the canyon.
But by then Wilson will have out their new 4G Amplifier/Repeater designed for motorhomes ( should be available December this year). Maybe it will be able to deliver service.

ken

Ken, I know, I checked the VZW map but it shows solid white for the whole canyon but coverage all around, probably because they haven't surveyed it.  At least, that's what I'm hoping :)

Just thought Id stop by and say Hi to all. I asked Burnetta what she thought about Texas in May but we may be headed for a cross country trek sometime next year for an Aunt's 100th Birthday back in Vermont. Larry, you didn't have to sit on the house too long did ya?  Congrat's on the quick sale. Anyways.....take care all and safe travels.
Dwight.......

About Verizon coverage in the canyon --- we just went 4 days with no internet and no cell coverage at all.

It was a nice break! Turns out all that stuff that seems so important every day just is not by about day 3.........

Ned,

It appears that WIFI will be available. Of course for many such systems they are overloaded and only really good at 2AM. BG
See: http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/parkinfo/facilities/wireless_internet/

Several parks we stayed at on this trip actually assign bandwidth(speed) by login. Both were in Canada. One was free and OK, the other was pay and you selected the amount of bandwidth. $3 a day bought real a highspeed connection - good for streaming video and still supporting another connection.

I guess it will be a good test of the Wilson system I intend to have by that time.

ken

Ken, thanks for that link.  I looked all over the TPWD site the other day and never found it.

Henry Wishard said:
  For those of you that has big rigs, Margaret and I have stayed there for the last 3 years and have no trouble getting our rig in. We have stayed in Mesguite and Sagebrush. This year on our way to Red Bay in April they were building bridges across the low water crossings. A little tight there but they should be through by rally time. I believe there was 7 crossings.
  The Sagebrush area has phone service for AT&T but not sure about Verizon. However the Sagebrush area is as far back into the canyon as you can camp. I believe it was 7 miles from the entrance.

I hope the bridges are in, our coach doesn't float. 8)

Mike.

I am really looking for this trip to my adopted homeland Texas. Newer been there, but have been adopted by Chip and Bunky as Texan. I guess that if You like to see what USA is all about, Texas is n.1 on the list. By looking on map, it is almost as big like Australia. lol.
By the way, I can't see Chip and Bunky on the list of attendants. I hope that they will join us. They are one of the monkeys favourite Texans.

Sheila beat me to it.  Yeaaaa!  So glad you've signed up.

ArdraF

It will be great seeing you both again.  If you stop at our place, we can caravan up to the canyon.

Fred, I-10 will bring you to San Antonio, and we're just north of there. 

Back
Top Bottom