PALO DURO CANYON RALLY, MAY 10-17, 2015 - CANYON TEXAS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We spent a few days at Palo Duro in 2010.  It will definitely be on our calendar.  There's nothing like waking up in the morning to wild turkeys and deer checking out our space.  The cats loved them.  The Texas park pass is a must if you're going to be staying in Texas for more than just a few days.     

Will put it on our calendar too.  Would be a good time for the first trip of the season and I have not been to Palo Duro Canyon since March of 1962 when attending supply officer school at Amarillo AFB.  As someone else said, it was just a road through a canyon then.

Holy Horned Toads Henry ! ! ! 

The tally on attendees to the Palo Duro Canyon Rally continues to grow.  Here are those who have
said the will be there and followed by the Maybe's. . . . .  We hope the maybes move up into the
definitelys real soon.  Also, I need some last names on people.  I met some of you in Moab but my
memory is such that I now buy my own Christmas gifts. 

1.  Dodd - Larry & Loretta  aka "Team LoLa"
2.  Wishard - Henry & Margaret
3.  Zeuch - Mike & Chrystal
4.  White - Ernie & Tara
5.  Brewer - Terry & Betty
6.  Kuch - Ken & Sheila
7.  Bertram - Kim & Christi
8.  Weimert - Frank & Barb
9.  Beard - John & Susan
10. Downs - Ray & Liza
11. Fitzgeralds - Ardra & Jerry
12. Falchini - Steve & Dee
13. Stiskala - Jan and Lovely Olga and silly Monkey
14. Dane - Bill & Raymonda
15. Akers George & Lucy
16. Norwood Bill & Joan
17. Brucker - Gary & Maria
18. Lawrence - Mike & Wendy MAYBE
19. Larry and MaryAnn N - MAYBE (need spelling on last name.  I didn't even try)
20. Reiter - Ned and Lorna - MAYBE, (but I bet they can be persuaded.)

18 so far and more likely to come.  We will have a good time.
Reservations open soon so get your name on the list and BE SURE TELL THEM
YOU"RE WITH RV FORUM.  We want to be grouped all together. 

Yeeeee Hawwww!!!!  (we really don't do that in Texas, but it's just for effect)

Ned,
Larry gave all details in opening post. June 8 will be the day to call and mention rvforum so we will be placed together.  Are you and Lorna planning to attend?

Yes, but the web site I referenced has the canyon maps and you can determine site availability before calling, if so desired.

We're considering coming up, perhaps on our way north next spring.  So, Larry, you can add Ned and Lorna Reiter to the possible list.

Wendy said:
Wonder if mid-May is too early to go home through Taos and Chama ?

There would be a 50/50 chance to freeze mid May in Taos and Chama I live in central New Mexico and even here we get an occasional light freeze.

THE-BigLarry said:
Our "Last Supper" will be a trip to the Big Texan Steakhouse.  If you're brave enough, they offer a 72 oz.
sirloin steak dinner that is FREEif the entire dinner, including potato and salad, are eaten in one hour.  It's
a fun place to visit.

Did you see on last nights news where a lady ate this meal in 9 minutes and then turned around and ate another one to boot!!  Turns out she is a professional eater who does this kind of thing all the time but, otherwise, eats very little.

By the way, the last name for your list is Norwood and we sure hope to make this gathering.

Ned said:
Reservations can be made online at http://texas.reserveworld.com/Home.aspx once they open.  Right now you can only reserve up to 4/28/2015.  There are both 30A (32 sites) and 50A (47 sites) sites, all with water.
Thanks for that link Ned.  Larry said we are going to try and get all together in the 50 amp Mesquite area (47 sites) so I would encourage everybody to call early.  Did my homework and the annual pass is $70 for you and your guests whereas the daily entrance fee is $5 for adults so it is just about a wash and a savings if you intend to stay in any other Texas State Parks next season.

It looks like a fun group.  In addition to seeing everyone again, we're looking forward to going on a hike (or two?) with Larry's 90-year-old dad!  That should be a blast!  Hope I can keep up with him....

ArdraF

Add Ron and Shirley Marabito to the list.  I took a group of photographers there last year.  We look forward to seeing a lot of old friends.

Ron,

If you are up for another collaborative show, we'll have Tara's equipment with us. Maybe we could talk Tom or other entertainers into making the trip?

Ernie

We were already planning a trip to Texas, starting in March, so this is the maraschino cherry on the hot fudge sundae!  What a grand finale!  Dean and Linda Stock will be there.  Thanks for all the effort of organizing this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom