PALO DURO CANYON RALLY, MAY 10-17, 2015 - CANYON TEXAS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Betty Brewer said:
Whoaaa I think you guys win for  most miles in one day.!  Glad  it was in good weather!
Betty

I think some others drove farther. And I got in my 10k steps. Slept well last night.

Here in the twin cities its expected to get down to the mid 30s, so it will be colder out of the metro area.  Yesterday it was close to 75- today it hit the low 40s.  The temp isnt what would worry me so much as the wind we have been getting. About 30 mph winds. Ive got so many trees losing branches in the back yard, I dont want to leave my dogs out for very long for fear one will drop on them.

I think we drove the least - all the way up to Amarillo.  Stayed in an RV park for two nights and were up before the sun this morning in order to be at Cummins/Onan by 8:00 a.m.  The fellow who works on generators had an unexpected delay to take his pregnant wife for medical care so he didn't get started until after noon.  Both the circuit board and the stator died and have to be replaced.  They're ordered for overnight so should arrive in the morning.  We're parked in front of Cummins.  The front of the generator drawer is on the floor of the shop so the front end of the motorhome sure looks weird!  Anyway, this surely will cost an arm and a leg.

Meanwhile the satellite TV that worked in Palo Duro no longer works.  We've been babying our old Motosat dish along for the last few trips waiting for RF Mogul to get their Eagle setup to our liking.  One of our friends who sells them will be installing a new one within a few days.  Yeaaa!  But that's at least the other arm!  Let's see, we have another leg left....

Glad to hear you all made it to your destinations safely.

ArdraF

Attachments

• MH Generator Fix (Medium).JPG
    MH Generator Fix (Medium).JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 43
We took our time getting home yesterday. Had a great time with everyone but don't know if we will do this again.  6 lbs is a lot for one week with the forum.  (Yes, all I did was eat and drink.)  Enjoyed ourselves immensely!!

Charles was disappointed that the rain kept him and Henry from climbing the mountain but we're from Texas so we always love the rain.

Looking forward to Big Bend and seeing everyone again!!

Robin & Charles

PS. It has been storming here.  Almost 4 inches in two hrs

We spent the night at Cummins/Onan and are back at the Oasis RV Resort tonight.  The arm and leg were in the neighborhood of $3,300 AFTER the Cummins Power Booster club discount.  BUT the generator is purring like a kitten.  We kept it running on the way back here and for about an hour after arrival.  Needless to say, we're pleased to have it working again!  We're going to stick around Amarillo for a few days to make sure it keeps working and to have a few other things done.  I noticed when I got in the Jeep as we left Cummins that there was a lot of red Palo Duro mud on the asphalt that had washed off with the rain.

It rained early this morning, cleared for a while, drizzled this afternoon, and finally about dinnertime the fog rolled in.  I could still see the trucks on the freeway for a while, then visibility went to about 1/4 mile, and then down to about 1/8 mile at which point we could no longer see the freeway.  It's still breezy.  Glad I don't have to see the sunrise again tomorrow morning!  Zzzzz.

ArdraF

Wendy said:
Did Mike and Crystal wave at us when they were driving thru Cortez ????

We waved Wendy.  We would have contacted you and Mike but it was late when we arrived as it was a long driving day.  Missed seeing you guys at the rally.

Mike.

Back
Top Bottom