PALO DURO CANYON RALLY, MAY 10-17, 2015 - CANYON TEXAS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
  Since it's almost a year away I didn't feel pressed until my name started popping up on the forum.

I know it's almost a year away, but I have a question for you folks who know the area. I am thinking of leaving the Jeep at home and just renting a car in Amarillo when we get there. Good idea, or not?

Have  made our reservations.  Back in the 50' I had a cessna 140 and would fly through the canyon on occasions. Will be looking forward to see how thing have changed.

Bill & Raymonda Dane
99 Country Coach Allure

Oscar Mike said:
I know it's almost a year away, but I have a question for you folks who know the area. I am thinking of leaving the Jeep at home and just renting a car in Amarillo when we get there. Good idea, or not?

Question: Why? It certainly won't be cheaper to rent a car than tow the jeep. And there probably will be some rides on jeep trails.

ken

Ken & Sheila said:
Question: Why? It certainly won't be cheaper to rent a car than tow the jeep. And there probably will be some rides on jeep trails.

ken

I wasn't sure of any Jeep trails in the area. Thanks.

Steve

>>I thought my co-pilot job might be in jeopardy  ;) Whew!<<

No more co-pilot for you....Your vehicle has been trail rated.<G>

Steve N Dee said:
I thought my co-pilot job might be in jeopardy  ;) Whew!
Steve

I'll be dragging eh Jeep along, in fact the Jeep will have undergone it metamorphosis.

Steve N Dee said:
I thought my co-pilot job might be in jeopardy  ;) Whew!

Steve

Steve, I thought maybe that is why John was going to leave the Jeep @ home.  You were having too much fun and he thought he wouldn't get a chance to drive it after towing it all the way there. ;D

Mike.

Henry Wishard said:
  We are now officially part of the party. Made reservations this morning.

We believe we made reservations as well... what's the story on the park membership fee?  Anyway, these are the most advance reservations we have ever made... this must be "the" place to be in May!

We made reservations online this morning.  Did not see anywhere on the request to let them know we are part of a group.

Don and Mary Ann

I've kinda been assuming that a list of attendees will be provided periodically so they know who is who. If not, maybe we (those who registered on line) need to call and let them know??

Ernie

I thought BigLarry was going to take care of that.  He did post an early list of attendees on May 29 but it needs to be updated.

Mary Ann, Larry mentioned in his original post that you should tell the operator that you are with the RV Forum so we can all be close together in the Mesquite Campground.  Otherwise you might be put into another campground.

ArdraF

That only worked for those that reserved by phone.  Many of us reserved on line.

JerArdra said:
The FitzGeralds have decided to attend the Palo Duro Canyon Rally in Texas because all of our best friends will be there.

Ardra & Jerry will see you all at Palo Duro Canyon.

JerryF & ArdraF
I am so Glad that you guys are joining us. It would not be same with out you. Monkey would miss you.

Larry....Thanks for organizing this rally to Texas. I was the first one to nag you guys to make it happen. Monkey is exited and when Steve done my booking on line for me. Monkey and I are now looking for decent hat as you requested. I remember Henry to say that if I don't get big hat, my adoption to be Texan will be canceled. It is only month since we say good by to group after Moab, and we all ready miss you all so much.
Olga and I can't wait to see y'all.

Jan and Olga Stiskala

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom