Moab 2014 - Pritchett Canyon Ouchie! Pix & video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John Canfield

Site Team
This guy is a very good driver, he has coached me on other trails and I was surprised to hear that he pitchpoled his beautiful built up 4-door (featured in Crawl magazine last year.) He was climbing an obstacle and needed to back down and didn't get it in reverse fast enough and over it went - the front end went up and over and he landed on his roof.

I think the stinger/bumper on John's 4-door is aluminum - notice how the stinger folded back, aluminum tube isn't strong enough for that application. Frame is bent, seriously doubt if it can be put back on the road/trail. John said if he would have had a four or five-point harness on, he wouldn't have hit his head. The best news is that he's okay - he had a scalp wound that must have bled quite a bit but that's the nature of a head laceration.  I think wearing a helmet on a hard trail like that would be an excellent idea.

Here's the video put together by Nancy T (FMCA 4-Wheelers).  If this video doesn't get 100k hits I'll be amazed.

Attachments

• PritchettCanyonOuchie.jpg
    PritchettCanyonOuchie.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 62
  • PritchettCanyonOuchie2.jpg
    PritchettCanyonOuchie2.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 54
Sorry to see that happen to such a nice Jeep John. Glad evereyone is ok. If you get a chance you need to run the Britney Spears trail. Real short and tons of fun! Be Safe!

John Canfield said:
Huh?  ???

Sorry, I meant to say if you get a chance you need to run the Britney Spears trail in the BFE area. Lot of fun. But I think you are not at Moab anymore?

That sucks.  We saw it on the trailer as he was pulling out of Portal RV as we were pulling in last week.  Looked bad but at least the guy didn't get hurt any worse than he did.

Mike.

hes4all said:
Sorry, I meant to say if you get a chance you need to run the Britney Spears trail in the BFE area. Lot of fun. But I think you are not at Moab anymore?
Not in Moab, we arrived home last Thursday.  We ran Strike Ravine in area BFE for the rally and it was sort of ho-hum, that was the only BFE trail the club ran, not familiar with the trails in BFE.

Edit:  sorry we missed you Mike! 

John Canfield said:
Not in Moab, we arrived home last Thursday.  We ran Strike Ravine in area BFE for the rally and it was sort of ho-hum, that was the only BFE trail the club ran, not familiar with the trails in BFE.

I figured you were home now.

There are a few really good trails in the BFE, we ran Helldorado and Britney Spears about a month ago. We ran across the Britney Spears trail by accident.

Back
Top Bottom