Playing gangsta Rap music on outdoor TT stereo? Would it bother others?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigSkyTrailerGuy

A forest campground.  I'd start playing rap by "Blokhead-Q" at 7am, then turn it off at 9PM. 

Would that bother you?

Of COURSE it would bother you!! :mad:

1. So explain how that's any different from you people (you know who you are) who inexplicably run your generator for 12 hours while camping?!

Explain it, please.  ???  You people who run your monotonous gennie ALL DAY in a campground... explain how an equal volume of non-stop killer-Rap is a different situation.  They're both irritating noise.

2. Serious question: If you're that guy who runs your gennie all day -- please tell me what you'd do if I suggested to you that it's irritating to me.  Would you turn it off? Would I be out of line?  Would I be fired upon?  Let me know, seriously. Because I don't get it.

(Mods, I posted this in the 5th Wheel forum because two 5th wheelers on each side of me ran their little portable Hondas (one had two) ALL weekend.)

Their comfort level, their money, their generators.

You most likely could have moved to another spot as apparently
it was only you that was bothered.

As with all things, a modicum of consideration and common sense should prevail.  Would the rap bug me if the guy listened to it at a reasonable volume for a couple of hours?  No.  Would it bother me if he blared it all day?  Yes.  Same goes for the gennie.  Most campgrounds have "generator hours" and the camp hosts enforce them.  In fact, I know a couple where you can set your watch by the sound of the generators firing up. 

It is pretty simple. Most campgrounds and RV parks have generator hours. If you don't want to listen to generators then stay in a park that does not allow generators or a park that has a generator free loop.

Playing loud music outside is prohibited in just about every campground in the country. If you want to listen to music outside then find a campground that allows music played outside.

However don't think by posting a rant here that you are doing any good. If you don't like campground rules then buy a piece of property and go camp on it.

SeilerBird said:
However don't think by posting a rant here that you are doing any good. If you don't like campground rules then buy a piece of property and go camp on it.

The 'Bird nails it yet again.

Or go way out into National Forest land where nobody is around and do whatever you like.  Middle of the week is best. 

I hate to get into this debate.........

The World has changed over the years and etiquette does not seem to matter anymore.

I'm an oldie too and don't wish the be forced to move because someone doesn't know what noise pollution means. Shame on the new generation. -30-

Frizlefrak said:
Or go way out into National Forest land where nobody is around and do whatever you like.  Middle of the week is best. 

The birds and animals might have something to say about it.

Ned said:
The birds and animals might have something to say about it.

They might....but the odds of them evicting you for playing your music too loud or running your gen are somewhat on the slight side. 

I enjoy most types of music.
I am a firm believer in the old saying that "Music does not need to be
loud to be good". That goes for any type. I even pointed that out
to a Pastor once about his over zealous organist.

I do not like / enjoy someone's bass turned up to where all I hear and FEEL is
thump, thump, thump.

That is something I find that most people, that listen to certain types of music
do not understand. The Bass travels where the mid-range and high notes.
if any, do not.

As far as the generators.
That is just like i first stated.
They should be comfortable in what they bought.
If they need a generator, so be it.

The general rule is that if noise can be heard outside your campsite, it's too loud. Hard to do with generators, though. However, usually the little Honda generators are pretty quiet, unlike their big brothers built into motorhomes. That said, I would find generators running all day on both sides of me irritating.

Wendy

carson said:
I hate to get into this debate.........

The World has changed over the years and etiquette does not seem to matter anymore.

I'm an oldie too and don't wish the be forced to move because someone doesn't know what noise pollution means. Shame on the new generation. -30-

It's not just the "New Generation"  There's been idiots in all generations

carson said:

Wasn't the new generation with the gennies... both guys were oldsters.

SeilerBird said:
Play Dolly Parton too loud and the bears might come and eat you. ;D

The second time the bears show up, "Here you Come Again" will be playing.  Or if it's a raccoon, it could be "Coat of Many Colors".  ;)

I'm a little alarmed with the attitudes here of "you don't like it, then move." or "go buy some land."  I had my reservation paid for months ago.  Moving wasn't an option.

I was just expecting to listen to the stream, the birds, popping campfire, and the breeze in the pines without rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
for 12 straight hours.  Stupid me thought everyone went up there to hear some nature. Ha! I'm a dork.

I have to re-adjust my own mental attitude, knowing that the difference between Camping and RV-ing is a generator.  And this is definitely an RV forum, after all. 
Edit: Adjust text width to avoid the need to scroll.

Look....I feel for you.  I've been in similar situations.  But short of sequestering yourself from the rest of humanity, I don't see any way to escape the noise other people make.  Whether it's generators, kids, yappy dogs, NWA blaring, or jets flying over....something is going to make noise.  Maybe politely asking your neighbor if he can cut the generator off from time to time?  Did this place have a camp host?  Nearly every place I've ever camped had generator hours.....treat this as a learning experience, and next time, find out ahead of time what the noise policy is of the camp ground you want to visit. 

This guy running the gen 24/7 didn't upset anyone else?

We own a generator-dependent large RV so are very conscious of the noise we generate. If we are with a fellow group of RVers like at QZ we run our generator a couple of hours in the morning and then again after dinner until quiet time for a total of 5-6 hours a day which allows us to use electricity indiscriminately.

When we are parked in a camping area and conserving  we can usually get by with a couple of hours in the AM and a couple more in late afternoon before everyone starts sitting around campfires. We also enjoy sitting around a quiet campfire but I do not want to think of all the times we have endured kids, music, and loud parties.

Ok. My 2 cents to the pile.

*. I do own a generator but hate to hear that gennie running all day too. So I would run it just at evening time while cooking dinner and let it continue to run after dinner for a bit and then shut down.

*. Most people even here buy a gennie so they can run A/C in a campground without power hook ups. Since purchasing my RV I've used the A/C only once on a camping trip. But had power at the camp site. It was too hot and we moved on to a better spot in the mountains and without power. No longer needed the A/C.

*. The bother of packing the gennie, 2 gallon jug of gasoline, extension cords, etc. I installed a solar/inverter system so I don't have to listen to my own gennie.

*. 90% of my camping is done is a USFS area, boondocking style, and not in a designated USFS campground. I live in the mountain of Idaho now with hundreds of feet between me and my neighbor the last thing I want to do is go camping and have a neighbor less than 20 feet away. That's not fun anymore.

Thinking of rap music my neighbor had grad party last night they played bass rap music right up to 10pm and then shut it down. Party continued till midnight and then the rain shut them down.  ;D I'm willing to let this slide but every day I would walk over to my neighbor and tell him to cut that out. (But that's me!)  ;)

Attachments

• camping.jpg
    camping.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 45
Amazing those who use a gen see NP in running them for the most part where as the ones who like the music see NP with it either. I hate the music and I hate the way people think it is ok in using their gen. in the Morning time and the evening time which is the time quite is most appreciated yet most think that is the time to run the gens and be people friendly! So what is the answer? Gens are NOT a absolutely needed item every day for hours and nether is music that others can hear! Ok now fire away!

Back
Top Bottom