Importing RV to UK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rialta03

Hi    I have a small RV  2003 VW Winnebago Rialta which I have owned for 2 years approx and is still in the USA. As it is 11 years old do I still need a Vosa  IVA test when I import it to UK. Also how do you figure out the value considering ive had it 2 years. I have original bill of sale. Trying anyway to keep the tax bill down. As we are in the USA we have lots of clothes, rv spares, cooking utensils etc can we ship them with the vehicle.
How do you get from the Docks in UK after getting thru customs as it will have no registration plates or do u need someone with trade plates to get it home, in ppreparation for MOT/Registration etc.  Sorry for all these questions as im beginning to wonder whether its worth while!

thanks
Angus

We have several articles in the Visitors To The USA section of our forum Library that may help. There are also a number of related discussions on our Visitors To The USA message board.

I'm not familiar with the current rules, but there are IVA manuals on the VOSA web site that may help. If all else fails, you could call or email a VOSA test station to see if you can get a better answer.

Meanwhile, I note that the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA) and the Driving Standards Agency (DSA) were merged to form the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA). I don't know if this helps complicate/confuse the issue.

Hi Tom,  thanks for that info. I contacted Signature RV and they said RV does not have to pass an IVA test as its 11 years old..so thats something. Will do some further investigation.  \thanks for info.

regards
Angus

Thanks for the follow up Angus. That contact probably saved a lot of reading (wading through) the IVA documents.

Was this Signature RV in the U.S. or in the UK?

Back
Top Bottom