EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Servicing Costs - HUGE differences  (Read 6282 times)

UK-RV

• ---
Re: Servicing Costs - HUGE differences
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2006, 03:09:42 PM »
Shayne

Thanks for the support.

Yes, there are a number of things we don't understand both in terms of the RV and the US in general.

As such, I do tend to ask a lot - and query a lot too.

So any help I can get is much appreciated.

To think : I could have paid $3000 for a service, when Freightliner Head Office may now confirm (or not) that a less thorough service is needed for my vehicle, due to it's age rather than mileage. The benefit of the forum is people can offer their help and I certainly very much appreciate it.

My wording may be different to what Americans are used to - my humour definately is - so I would ask members to read my comments with that in mind.

Unfortunately, I also tend to call a spade a spade which can be offensive to some - to those, I would ask (as you suggest) that they simply ignore me - the wife does.  ;D

Paul

rtaylor

• ---
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2006, 05:58:33 PM »
Blueblood if you read closely they are referring to the MAIN filter. They still want the LUBE filter changed at 5000 miles. I have verified this with my Allison rep. I do this for a living everyday and hear every opinion that is out there. DO NOT PUT YOUR WARRANTY IN JEOPARDY. Change the lube filter at 5000 miles.

Shayne

• ---
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2006, 10:35:05 PM »
Mick  the only fault with your statement that I can find is the fact that I didn't think of it.   Thanks for reminding me.  It's now time for me to rethink the Indian lore that I studied for years while doing  Indian Interpative Dancing.  Many Many Moons ago this occurred.  Again  Great statement'
Old, Stubborn, Opinionated, Set in my Ways, and Independent,  IMHO

blueblood

• ---
    • Discovery
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2006, 08:31:31 AM »
Blueblood if you read closely they are referring to the MAIN filter. They still want the LUBE filter changed at 5000 miles. I have verified this with my Allison rep. I do this for a living everyday and hear every opinion that is out there. DO NOT PUT YOUR WARRANTY IN JEOPARDY. Change the lube filter at 5000 miles.

First, I did do my Main at 5000 (Stewart and Stevenson Detroit Allison WY) because I didn't have this information. However, if one looks at the flow charts on pages 6 and 7 before and after applicable SN's you'll see the Lube was not covered in the 5000 mile requirement either before this last change or after; only the Main in pre-changeover SN and and then niether in the post SN change. Both cases are for 100% Transynd. 
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 09:12:00 AM by blueblood »
Leo

Graeme

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2006, 02:05:47 PM »
Paul, our Diplomat is 15 months old. we had the Allison filter change around 5k miles by Allison in Vancouver for C$238.99.
The Cummins 400ISL first service was at 20k, including all filters & chassis lube. The Onan was also serviced . Total cost @ Cummins Louisville = $642.12.
The Roadmaster chassis also needs a lube around every 5k miles which I usually do myself.

Hosted by Over The Network