10 gbt data

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom Hoffman

I have Millenicom 20 g data plan w/hotspot.  I seem to be using 1 g per day, so I run out on the 19th or 20th.  I hav paid for additinal 20 for balance of month.  10 of which are wasted.

Where can I get another 10 g data for less than $90 I have to pay to Millenicom for 20 of which I only benefit from 10g?

I would prefer a non contract source but if I have to get a hotspot w contract for 10 g I will.

Tom...

You can't get it from Millenicom, but you could pick up a 10 gb plan right from Verizon.  Not sure if the same modem or hot spot will work, though. Don't know if the Millenicom devices have any special coding in them for their service. I do know they won't allow you to "bring your own modem", even if it is the same model they use, so maybe there is something added.

Or just buy the whole 30 GB from Verizon and forget Millenicom, since their price structure doesn't seem to have an advantage for your needs.

I checked with Verizon who we have a couple of dumb phones with.  I would have to get a Hotspot from them .99 or $49.99 depending on model and then 30 g is $225 plus $20 per mo line charge??? 

I guess the irritation is buying 40 and only being able to use 30 or so.  The price points for even 10 from other providers is just short of outrageous.

Tom...

Tom Hoffman said:
I guess the irritation is buying 40 and only being able to use 30 or so.  The price points for even 10 from other providers is just short of outrageous.
I agree with you Tom, however I feel they are justified considering the high cost of building a wireless network. Those cell towers are not cheap. The good news is that the price of bandwidth drops every year and in a few years it will me more affordable.

I have been living on a 5 gig cap for many years. I moved into an RV park last year and their Wifi is nice and strong so now I can stream movies all day long. The park is almost empty on my side so I won't be upsetting anyone.

Back
Top Bottom