rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Dinghy doggies  (Read 1301 times)

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
  • Celebrating 25 years of The RV Forum online.
    • RV Forum web site
Dinghy doggies
« on: May 26, 2014, 08:18:37 PM »
Our doggies (mother and daughter) recently experienced their first RV trip (5,200 miles round trip). This weekend they experienced their first time afloat for more than a brief run. It didn't take them long to figure out that they'd be taken to shore periodically, and they quickly settled down. It also didn't take long for them to look forward to just being in the dinghy.

Gabby (the mom) is a natural in the water, having made numerous short small boat trips, and readily hops in the water from our dock. Zoey (the pup) hasn't been keen on getting in the water. But, being able to walk in from a sandy beach, made her far more comfortable.
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

Molaker

• ---
  • We don't camp. We tour.
    • Pumpkin and Us
Re: Dinghy doggies
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 08:47:21 PM »
My dinghy doggie took to the water quickly...as long as she doesn't have to get in it.  :)
Tom & Joyce and Ditto the "don't tell her she's a dog" Westie
U.S. Navy (Ret)
2014 Winnebago ERA 70X 24' class B Sprinter chassis

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
  • Celebrating 25 years of The RV Forum online.
    • RV Forum web site
Re: Dinghy doggies
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 08:59:27 PM »
Aye Tom, we previously had a dog that considered the dinghy "her boat", but would never get in the water. When she first started boating with us, she'd wake me up at 6:00am and I'd get up and take her to shore. She didn't "do" anything, and I finally figured out she just wanted a dinghy ride.
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.