Passport America - Deal or Dud?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gunny69

What is your opinion of Passport America?  Are the RV parks that honor them nice clean parks?  Are there enough parks that honor PA to make it convenient to stay at them?  Any opinions, both positive and negative are welcome.

We've seen a wide range of RV parks that give a Passport America discount. We've had a PA membership for several years, but used it for the first time on a recent trip. Easily paid for itself on our outward journey, and paid again on our return trip.

Wow, all positive remarks.  That is impressive.  Thanks for your input.  Looks like we will be joining ASAP.

We've been in some very crappy PA parks but they fit the bill because they were easy access to interstate and we only  needed an overnight. They were 1/2 price  and cheap nearly  always makes up for  crappy.

We've also been in some lovely almost resort like PA Parks.  The membership in Passport America has been very worthwhile for us.

We look for PA parks when traveling with the membership normally paid for on the first nights stay. We love PA and have found no really crappy PA parks. Well worth the money....We have a lifetime membership.

We look for PA parks that are convenient to where we want to stop, and then check them out on RVParkreviews.com. We've yet to be disappointed in our choices, although we have skipped a few potential parks based on the negative reviews. Our PA membership has been paid for with just a few nights every time we renew. I only regret that we didn't join years ago when we could have justified a lifetime membership.

I'm hoping to use my PA membership a lot this upcoming trip, but many of the PA parks on our route black out June, July and August.  But, that just means I'll have to use the heck out of it this fall.  :)

While there are restrictions at many parks and several of our favorites have dropped out of the program we easily save the cost of membership in a couple of weeks. We have used it for four nights in the past ten days for a savings of. $78.00, $60.00 for the Eagle Cliff Campground Mini Rally we are attending right now.

We are starting our fifth night of a seven night stay at a PA park, Grand View Bend Campground in Howe, IN. We paid $12.50/night for the first two nights and the remaining five nights are $15.00/night. The regular price is $25.00 per night, so we saved $75.00. The campground is nice with water and 50-amp electric and three dump stations. We can easily go a week without dumping so not having a sewer connection is not a problem for us. We more than paid for our membership in PA with just this stay.

The campground is located in Amish country in northern Indiana and is convenient to Shipshewana, Elkhart, Middleburg, Napanee, etc. It's been a fun stay so far. Friday we head up into Michigan. Unfortunately, there is no PA campground close to where we want to stay.

R

It's a deal. It can pay for itself within the first couple nights in some cases. It's one of those no brainer type things.

Passport America's usefulness depends on how and when you travel.  PA is designed to let parks get something for spaces that would otherwise sit empty, so you'll often find weekends and/or peak period blackouts, especially in popular areas.

If you're a weekend or vacation traveler PA may be less useful to you, especially if you visit places during their busy seasons than it would be for a fulltimer or snowbird with a more open schedule.

To their credit, PA lists all of their parks and any discount restrictions on their website.  Go there and use the interactive map to see if it will work for you.

PA lists all of their parks and any discount restrictions on their website.  Go there and use the interactive map to see if it will work for you.

Good suggestion Lou. That's how we found PA parks in various states on our recent 5200 miles trip.

I have found PA generally to be a good deal if you travel.  The parks I have encountered have been decent to very good, but generally not destination campgrounds.  Rather, a stop for the night on the way to a destination if you prefer to stop in a campground.

We paid for ours the first time we used it.  Yes, a good deal and real.

ArdraF

Thanks again for all of your input and suggestions.  I think it will be a deal for us.  Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom