Scion Odometer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wscap

We are going out full time in about 3 weeks. We will be flat towing a 2005 Scion xb 5 speed. I was wondering if while in tow with the electrical system off and the trans in neutral if the odometer will still rack up miles? If so, does anybody know of a fix other than a trailer or dolly? Thanks.

It shouldn't.  As far as I know, all current speedo's are electrical and run via the cars computer.  My Subi is towed 4 down with the ignition on at the first click, unlocking the steering wheel, but not enguaging the ignition or system electronics.  Towed it several thousand miles but it shows no "towed" milage.
Grumpy

Thanks Grumpy374. That gives me some peace of mind. I appreciate the help. Never Towed with wheels on the pavement before. Didn't know what to expect.

Make sure you read the owners manual as to the procedure to tow.  Most will have you put the trans in neutral with the ignition turned to the first position or the accessory position.  This unlocks the steering so the toad's wheels will steer.
Every veh is different, sometimes even from the same manufacturer from one year to the next.
See if you can google up a 2005 Motorhome Guide to Dinghy Towing.  It will give you the stright poop on towing your 05 Scion.
Grumpy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom