*** PLEASE NEED ADVISE MAIDEN VOYAGE***

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pastmaster

Hi ALL,

Need advise for our first trip on a Class C 88, we live in Los Angeles and we want to go camping in a lake within 1 hour drive from LA, tried to google but it seems it's hard to decide which place. Any advise?

Thank you :)

There's a web site called RV Park Reviews that you can visit.  Will give you a listing of campgrounds in your area, photos and currant reviews by fellow campers.
Grumpy

pastmaster said:
Hi ALL,

and we want to go camping in a lake

Do you realize there's a good chance you're going to get wet if you camp "in a lake". Most RV's are water repellant to a certain extent but not waterproof!!  Good luck on your maiden voyage.

Grumpy374 said:
There's a web site called RV Park Reviews that you can visit.  Will give you a listing of campgrounds in your area, photos and currant reviews by fellow campers.
Grumpy

Thanks Grumpy374.... Got it! that's helpful :)

Rene T said:
Do you realize there's a good chance you're going to get wet if you camp "in a lake". Most RV's are water repellant to a certain extent but not waterproof!!  Good luck on your maiden voyage.

Thanks ReneT I'm pulling a submarine with me LOL Thanks for your tip!

You have one of those new submergable rv's???  Great.  I was wondering when a company would come out with one.
How did they solve the problem of water getting by the slideout seals???
Grumpy

Here are some recommendations from the DW.  Lake Skinner in Temecula, Serrano Campground in Big Bear, East Shore in San Dimas, and there is one at the beach at Dockweiller Beach in the city.  I would recommend checking them all out on rvparkreviews.com to get the inside skinny on each one.  I have stayed at each and they all have different amenities.

Back
Top Bottom