Power A PopUp With A Generator?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wrangler95

I have a Coleman that has a plug that wont fit the 3 outlets on my generator without a adapter and then it only fits the 5-20r outlet or household outlet.Will this outlet power my AC,TV and DVD player at the same time?My generator has a RV ready 30 amp outlet but my adapter dont fit this outlet.Can I get a adapter that will fit my campers plug and fit in the RV ready outlet on my generator.Thanks

is this what you are looking for?

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/15-amp-rv-female-to-30-amp-male-adapter/69605

Are you saying you have a standard 20 amp flat blade plug with the blades perpendicular to each other?  But the generator only has 15 amp (parallel blades) outlets..  I will give you TWO adapter designs, I recommend the first.

Get a device that among other things is called a Generator Power Maximizer. this device is a molded "puck" only retangular, it has pins that fit in both halves of the 15 amp duplex outlet.  You can get them at most major generator stores. Over priced in my humble opinion, and can be a bit hard to find.. I can not find a link on my comptuer just now.  THEN get a TT30 (30 amp) Male pigtail and a standard 15/20 DUPLEX outlet.. Job done.. You may have to put crimp on lugs on the 30 amp wire ends (I would recommend it in fact).

Option 2. is a short length of 12ga flexible cord with a standard 15 amp plug on one end and a 15/20 amp outlet on the other, IN fact, I have such a cord here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlm611
Back
Top Bottom