Replacing slide toppers, best Ford V10 tuner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Top38

Couple of questions on this MH.

It has a few slides and the awnings need to be changed. I am pretty handy but have never done them, how tuff are they to change?

Also this is a Ford V10, I understand there are a number of programers out there now that increase both perfomance and mileage. Has anyone had any experiences with these? I tow with mine a lot so both of those facters would be important.

thanks

Forgot to ask, I took a quick look but did not see it, where would the OBD2 port be located, its the 29R model.

thanks again

I replaced the tops on my 2 slides on my 2005 Sightseer 29R.  I bought my new slide toppers online from Tough Tops.  It was difficult to remove my old tops as I had used tape and caulking to make repairs till I was ready to replace them.  Once I removed my old tops the rest was easy.  My wife and I installed our new slide toppers.  My wife can't climb a ladder so I had her support the new top on a broom while I threaded it into the tracks.  I think it took me about five hours to remove the old tops and install the new ones.  Most of that time was used to remove the old tops.  The process is not very hard at all.

As the previous poster said the OBD II port is located to the right of the steering wheel as you sit in the drivers seat.  I just went out and took a look at my OBD II port.  On either side of my steering column there is a fiberglass cover.  If you feel under, and behind the cover on the right side of the steering column there is a cut out.  The OBD II port is centered in that cutout  and is about 10 to 12 inches above the brake pedal.  My OBD II port has a gray cover that more or less blends in to the rest of the clutter under the dash.

Safe travels.

JD

Back
Top Bottom